“Not funny, Silas. Want me to send you to jail?”

I laughed a little. “Fine. Chill. I’ll give you the cacao land for free after I get out so you can start your chocolate factory.”

He clicked his tongue. “Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi?” Inirapan niya pa ako bago pumunta sa harapan ni Governor Simson.

Nic stared at him for a second as he sighed. Pinapamukha niya talaga na wala siyang pakialam dito kay Governor Simson. Honestly, we didn’t expect him to be on the witness stand at first but since he was the one who found Anthony’s missing body then the prosecution summoned him.

It was only three days ago when they found Anthony’s body. If that is his body since we couldn’t identify the face. Basag ang bungo tapos halos luwa na rin ang utak nito. Although, his build is the same with Anthony and DNA test said that it was indeed Anthony.

Still, there’s doubt especially that they can fake it. We are requesting to do the DNA test again but they haven’t decided yet if they will allow us to do it on our own. Iniipit ni Governor Simson ang lahat ng sangkot dito sa krimen para lang masabi na inosente siya.

He’s really a devil. He told the court that it was me who killed Anthony and they even have my fingerprints in the crime scene. Kaya rin galit na galit ang Lolo ko dahil nagkaroon ng search warrant sa hacienda. They believe that I was hiding the murder weapon in our field. I think they’re stupid. If I indeed kill Anthony, why would I hide it in our field?

“Governor Simson,” Nic finally spoke. He didn’t have any prepared questions for him so I think he’ll just play around. “Can you tell me what happened the night you found Anthony’s body in the hospital?”

“Were you not listening? I already told a while ago,” pambabara ni Governor Simson.

“With all due respect, didn’t you tell me to ask you? Why are you complaining?” Masungit na sabi ni Nic. “See, Your Honor, I asked.”

“Don't ask an obvious one.”

“So what do you want me to ask you?” Nic raised his brow.

“Order in the court!” ani Judge Madrigal. Nakabusangot ito nang tumayo kaya tumayo rin kaming lahat. “15 minutes break and I want everything in order when we resume again, otherwise, this trial will be postpone until I assure that everyone will behave in my court.” Lumabas na siya kaya naiwan naman kami noon.

Hinila ko na si Nic palayo kay Governor Simson bago pa sila magsapakan. It looks like Nic is ready to punch him any moment.

“Here.” Inabot sa kanya ni Asha iyong malamig na tubig. “You should calm down. I think he likes seeing you piss.”

Nic just sighed, thanking Asha, as we went inside the conference room to wait for the trial. When I looked around, I realized that Soleiana was not in her place.

“Where’s Soleiana?” tanong ko kay Uno. Bigla akong kinabahan. “Is she with Gia and Zia?”

“Yes, they’re in the comfort room, Mayor,” sabi ni Henrich.

“Are you sure?” Kabado pa rin ako. “Can you check it?” Utos ko dahil hindi naman ako pwedeng mawala. The guards are surrounding me.

I turned to Nic. “Can you call Soleiana? I didn’t even notice that she was gone.”

“She left with the twins,” Mom replied. “I am sure Gia and Zia will take care of her. Kasama rin yata nila si Clev.”

“Yeah, your mother is right,” Dad said, tapping my back. “How about we just eat while waiting? Macy helped us prepare your food and also we need to talk about the trial. Tiel finally got access to the CCTV footage…”