Chapter 6: Avenge or Revenge

A week or so had passed since the incident. Lucy had been resting for this past week. They remained at the Amusement Mile and hadn't returned to Harley's apartment. They wanted Lucy to remain in one spot. Lucy on the other hand had been working to get back to her old self. She felt very limited in what she could do, and she hates every minute of it. Joker had been avoiding Lucy this past week, of course checking up on her then and there, but never actually having a full on conversation. He was afraid of what those conversations might lead to. He didn't want to scare her off again.

Joker was just down the hallway of the building within the Amusement Mile, whistling to himself. He heard a loud thud coming from a room down the hall. Was it Lucy? Is she okay? He ran as fast as he could down the hallway into the room and saw that it was a dummy that fell to the floor, with Lucy standing over it. Joker sighed in relief and walked into the room. "What are you doing kiddo, aren't you supposed to be resting?" He asked Lucy. "I've been resting all week father, can't a girl have a little fun?" The blonde replied. The Clown Prince walked over to the dummy and sat it back up. "I'm the king of fun... of course you can have fun! Just take it easy... that's all I ask," he requested.

"I'm tired of taking it easy, I'm tired of just sitting here. I'm tired of my every movement being watched like a hawk." Lucy simply did an overextended needle. "I need to stay stretched... I can't just be lying around all day." Lucy put her leg down. "I also need to follow up on Delia's case pretty soon. I know who killed her and when I go after them I want to be at my best." Joker turned towards her. "Wait you know who killed Delia? That's GREAT! You see the thing about your old man being the Clown Prince of Crime is that I can have them taken care of, just like that." Lucy had throwing knives in her hand and started throwing them at the dummy, the Clown Prince stepped away from the dummy. "Careful where you throw those things."

Lucy went toward the dummy and collected her knives. "Sorry. Listen... that's great and all but I'd rather take them down than you. I don't exactly know WHO killed her, but I know who hired her murderer. He's my next stop and I am going to enjoy every minute of watching him squirm. Now I can't do that with you hovering over me like I'm made of glass." Joker huffed, "And how fatigued are you right now and it isn't even 4 in the afternoon yet?" Lucy sighed, knowing that her father was right. Actually, this was the first time this week they even held a conversation. She took her attention away from the dummy and faced her father playing around with her throwing knives. "You've been avoiding me, why?" She asked directly.

Joker chuckled nervously, "Avoiding you? I haven't been avoiding you dear, I've just been... erm... rebuilding. Ever since we saved you, I thought about coming out of retirement. It's been 2 months since Batsy disappeared, it's about time I show my face before anything else happens. We can't be having anymore surprises now, and this time we'll be prepared." Lucy crossed her arms. "Your body language shifted, you aren't directly looking me in the eye, and that wasn't your normal chuckle, that's when you're telling bullshit chuckle, what aren't you telling me?" She asked. Damn... she's smarter than he thought. "That you're so talented?" He answered. Lucy gave him a glare. "Yeah that didn't work."

Lucy cocked an eyebrow, awaiting an actual answer from her father. "I'm giving you space, Lucy. I'm not exactly hovering over you, I'm only trying to protect you. You don't want what happened to you to happen again, I'm trying to make sure it doesn't. Now whatever Falcone put you through, other's out there can do a lot worse. Take Scarecrow for example, I've pissed him off more times than I can count. He has a special toxin called fear toxin which makes you encounter your fears. You won't be the same person if he ever injected you. Jervis Tetch, the Mad Hatter, he's more looney than I am. Penguin will outright destroy you. My best buddy Lex... well actually he might not do anything. But you get my point."

Lucy didn't know whether to believe him or not. He's avoiding her to give her space? "What if I didn't need space, father, have you ever thought about that? I was locked in a room, chained by my ankles and wrist for three weeks. Barely any food, barely any water. They did... quite the number on me. I return back home after those horrid weeks to find myself barely holding a conversation with my wonderful father who caused quite the disturbance at Carmine's lot. What were you so afraid to talk to me about? I would've talked about my experience, I would rather tell you than mom."