Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court

Start from the beginning

Everyone had arrived using another portal. But, unlike the nature-made portal that took them to Crystal Rose, this was one a magical doorway that Headmistress Jiwe had access to in case she ever needed to get to the Magic Council for an emergency. Most of the teachers came with them with some staying behind to watch the remaining students at the school.

They all soon entered the courtroom, where the Magic Council was already set up. 

The courtroom was a giant room set up for trials like this. There was a long table, for the council to sit at, on one side of the room. Against the right wall was the area where those like the court scribe sat but separated from the high-ranked officials and lawyer interns who sat there to gain courtroom and law knowledge. Where the trio sat was the area for witnesses and their family members. Between the council table and the benches for court trial observing people was the stand for where the accused would be for the trial.

Olivia was only one of twelve members of the Magic Council. The other members were not nearly as young as her. She was twenty-four while the rest were no younger than thirty-five. The trio was quick to explain the rest of the council to their headmaster to keep him up to date on anything he might see if emotions ran high and powers reacted.

The council was evenly split between males and females.

Next to Olivia was Lux Heavens, a thirty-five-year-old woman. She was a guardian angel mystic soul, meaning that she had angel-like abilities with a slight hint of light manipulation. Next was Darling Marvel, a thirty-eight-year-old healing mage. She was in charge of the most well-known magical hospitals in magical Greece. Third was Selena Breeze, a fifty-year-old mermaid mystic soul and mother of Weilan. Having the powers of a mermaid enabled her to act as an ambassador of sorts to the merpeople community. The fourth female is Kynthia Vale, a forty-three-year-old woman with weapon-creation magic. Her family owns a weapons shop where most requip mages go to buy new weapons or armor. The final female is sixty-year-old Talia Summers. She was the first-ever woman to be born with a mostly male-dominated power of King Arthur magic, which is a knight-centered power.

The men started with thirty-six-year-old Kamui Machine, a technopath. He had the power to control technology and used it to create technology-magic hybrid devices. Next to him was Draconis Smoke, a businessman of seventy years of age. He owned a very successful glasswork shop, using his power to bend glass, until he decided to retire and become a member of the council. Third was Austin Thanatos, a thirty-five-year-old ghost mage. He runs a business to help lost souls move on to the afterlife with his abilities over ghosts. The fourth man was Redus Guardian, a forty-one-year-old mystic soul that could create any type of force field or shield. He is the head of the Greek version of the Aurors, known as Guards. Then you have Aragon Archer, a mystic soul with hunter magic at thirty-seven years of age. He is a teacher at the Delphi school. Last is the head of the council, Lion Mythica. A forty-eight-year-old with the ability to channel the powers of mythical creatures and is also the former headmaster of Delphi before he started to focus on politics.

"Wow," Harry gasped as they all took their seats.

"That's usually everyone's first reaction to this place," Krinos chuckled. "The Magic Council is very impressive."

"The Ministry of Magic has nothing on this place," Fred says.

"Who knew a giant building on the side of a mountain could be this cool," George said.

"It simply makes sense for the leaders of our community to use Mount Olympus as their base of operations," Hawk says.

"Plus, it helps them stay even more hidden and away from mundanes," Melody added. "The only way to get here is through magic."