O V E R B O A R D

They couldn't afford this in their own lives. They couldn't afford to travel Europe, to blow their cash on liquor and tight shirts. They couldn't afford caviar or jet skis or yachts with hot tubs. The charter guests on their superyacht can, however, and so the crew can taste some of the luxuries between the late nights clearing plates and pouring drinks and the early mornings scrubbing fake tanner off white sofas and tending to rope burn.

Working on Ophelia's Violet is new. The only crew member from the previous charter season remaining is Shelly King. Even the name, Lady Giovanna has been changed. Any sailor knows not to change the name of the boat, but Shelly is not just any sailor. She can smile through any rude guest, navigate any dark water, and keep her crew from mutiny. Under her command, her boat would never swim into choppy waters, experience mechanical failure, or get lost. Certainly, no one would ever go overboard.

Of course, Shelly King should have known she couldn't afford the change in luck a name change would bring her crew.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast by Glass Animals

I said to you, "Why did you do it?"
Touch the glass, I'll feel ya through it

omg by Marian Hill

I'm wearing nothing but my lingerie
It's all I've got till I do laundry

Alrighty Aphrodite by Peach Pit

Little pearl you think you're in gold
But I can see the dirt in your lines

Dedications

thnkspwteblytheringcryptidmindsgolden-rebelhavnted-mansi0ns