"Good evening,"he said, beaming at them.

“Says who?” said Harry, taking off his sneakers and emptying them of water. “Hope they hurry up with the Sorting. I’m starving.”

The Sorting of the new students into Houses took place at the start of every school year, but by an unlucky combination of circumstances, Renevia looked around to feed her boredom.

Just then,a highly excited, breathless voice called down the table.

“Hiya, Harry!”

It was Colin Creevey, a third year to whom Harry was something of a hero.

“Hi, Colin,” said Harry warily.

“Harry, guess what? Guess what, Harry? My brother’s starting! My brother Dennis!”

“Er — good,” said Harry.

Renevia nudged Harry,which he arched his brows confusedly, before she whispered," said something couraging ,will ya?"

"Look ,i'm trying—"

“He’s really excited!” said Colin, practically bouncing up and down in his seat. “I just hope he’s in Gryffindor! Keep your fingers crossed, eh, Harry?”

“Er — yeah, all right,” said Harry, earning some disapproval from Renevia.

Then Harry said to Hermione, Ron, Renevia and
Nearly Headless Nick. “Brothers and sisters usually go in the same Houses, don’t they?” he said.

“Oh no, not necessarily,” said Hermione. “Parvati Patil’s twin in Ravenclaw, and they’re identical. You’d think they’d be together, wouldn’t you?”

Renevia sighed, promptly leaned her chin on her palm while looking around again silently. The mixed emotions on her chest feel like a block on her airways. It's really hard to breathe, she is afraid of what the outcome would be if she makes one slightest mistake.

Because she know ,one mistake will cost sacrifices, and she didn't want that to happen.

“Where’s the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?” said Hermione,who was looking up at the teachers.

There was definitely no new face there.

“Maybe they couldn’t get anyone!” said Hermione, looking anxious.

"Oh, trust me, they did get one," said Renevia, secretly rolling her eyes.

"One bloody death eater in disguise" she said almost sounded like she was talking to mosquitoes, Hermione needed to ask her one more time to confirm which she brushed it off like she said nothing.

Renevia then scanned the table more. Tiny little Professor Flitwick, the Charms teacher, was sitting on a large pile of cushions beside Professor Sprout, the Herbology teacher, whose hat was askew over her flyaway gray hair. She was talking to Professor Sinistra of the Astronomy department. On Professor Sinistra’s other side was the sallow-faced, hook-nosed, greasy-haired Potions master, Snape.

On Snape’s other side was an empty seat, which Renevia guessed was Professor McGonagall’s. Next to it, and in the very center of the table, sat Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster, his sweeping silver hair and beard shining in the candlelight, his magnificent deep green robes embroidered with many stars and moons. The tips of Dumbledore’s long, thin fingers were together and he was resting his chin upon them, staring up at the ceiling through his half-moon spectacles as though lost in thought.

Then, the headmaster turned his attention to the young lady that had been staring at him, both of them squinting their eyes on each other.He knew something was coming up for this year, and he knew the young witch had some thoughts on it. Renevia  then abruptly broke eye contact and stared at another place. That's when she held another eye contact with a different person.