Chapter One

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter One:

" A Dangerous Encounter".

Present time

Just an usual day for Chitose - Waking up, eating breakfast, going to high school and training... an usual daily routine for an average high schooler in the region. The girl awoke to sounds from the kitchen. It was her caretaker, who was preparing breakfast for the both of them. Miss Lorelei, because that was her name, immediately went upstairs, to her adoptive daughter's room.

"Chitose, rise and shine! You can't get late for another day of highschool, right?" Miss Lorelei said, shaking Chitose a bit in order to wake her up.

Chitose moves in her bet for a bit and then finally opens her eyes.

"Morning, Mom... I'm sorry for still being in bed." She smiles softly.

"Darling, there's nothing to be sorry for! You still have some time to get ready, nothing to stress about." She smiles at her daughter calmly. "Now, get dressed and come downstairs to eat breakfast. I made some pancakes with your favorite fruits!"

Chitose smiled warmly at her caretaker.

"Thank you, Mom. I'm getting ready right now."

"Great! I'll be waiting downstairs." She exits Chitose's room and goes to the kitchen.

After a few minutes, Chitose gets downstairs, to the kitchen. She is dressed in a long white dress and a small, black cloak around her waists. She is also wearing black ribbons, which are tied up to her long hair.

"Dear, you are finally there! Take a seat and enjoy your pancakes." Ms. Lorelei smiles and takes a bite of her own plate of pancakes, decorated with strawberries and raspberries. "They taste amazing!"

"Thank you, Mom. I will for sure! I always liked your meals."

She takes a bite and smiles at her Mother.

"I was right! Your meals really are the best, hehe!"

Ms. Lorelei looks happily at her daughter. She is glad that she could make her day better, because she knows how stressed Chitose is about her education and future. After all, she is determined to awaken her true power and potential.

"You have no idea how happy and glad I am right now! I don't hear words of affection from other people often, but why would that matter? I only care about what my daughter thinks because she's priceless to me." Miss Lorelei smiles and after finishing her meal, she hugs her daughter. Chitose blushes a little, because she is not used to such affection.

"A-Ah, thank you, Mom. You're priceless to me as well..." She says in a somewhat warm and shy tone, as she hugs her back softly.

"Now, get ready for school! And remember, work hard but do not over exhaust yourself, is that right? Do you understand what I mean?" The Mother says in a calm tone, trying to warn her daughter that she should be careful.

"Of course, Mom. I know when to take breaks, I'm not a little kid anymore hehe..."

Chitose smiles softly.