Prologue

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ⁺ ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Prologue

Somewhere in the past...

Chitose was born in a wealthy family. Both her parents were successful: Her Mother worked as a business dealer, while her Father was a successful entrepreneur, who always was busy with meetings with potential business-people. Asahina was the second daughter of the Asahina family, being 6 years at that moment. Her older sister, Kaya, was very efficient and successful with her own power, yet was only 2 years older than her sister. She has never lost any single battle against her opponents, able to brag with her 10 wins streak. Her abilities in combat and powers while wielding her own katana were evolving by each year. It's as if Kaya has been talented since she was born. She inherited her class from her Father.

Chitose was the complete opposite. Not only was her class different from the members of the family, but also she was completely awful at wielding her own katana. Her powers never activated, and she would always lose battles against her sister. The mother was absolutely proud of her daughter, Kaya, while Father loved both his daughters equally, but secretly didn't like the fact that Chitose couldn't actually fight like the whole family around her.

"Hah. I knew you wouldn't put up a good fight, just give up".

Kaya uses her power and immediately breaks Chitose's wooden sword. Asahina falls on the ground again. Asahina looks sad about yet another defeat. She finally seems to understand that no matter what, she will never get better. She starts to believe she really is talentless.

"H-hey... you won again. You must feel very proud of yourself, huh? " Chitose looks at her sister, with a sad smile.

'Of course I am, little sister. Just give up with this stupid training, can't you see that you aren't improving at all? I start to doubt you are my real sister, even mommy thinks so." Kaya starts to grin and looks at her with her cold eyes.

'W-What? What do you mean? I-It's not true..! Why do you lie t-" gasps after being slapped by Kaya who looks a bit angry, but tries her best to remain calm.

"How dare you talk back to me?! Sit where your place belongs and listen. It's obvious. You are from a different class, you don't have powers, and you can't even wield a weapon. But it's fine, it's not for everyone." Kaya grins.

" But it's not nice to pretend to belong to a family, is it? We only share the same last name which is ridiculous, but I've never considered such a failure like you as my family."

Chitose holds her hurt cheek and cries, talking in a very sad and shaky tone.

"N-No, that's not true. Mommy loves me too! I'll tell her that you've hit me...

She runs with tears in her eyes towards the kitchen to her Mother, while her Father is on another business trip for a month.

"M-Mommy... is that true..? That you don't think of me as... your daughter? Chitose looks at her Mom with tears in her eyes. Her Mother sighs and talks to her in a calm tone with a smile.

"Oh, dear. Of course not. I don't just not consider you my daughter."

Chitose looks with relief at her Mother, but before she could speak, her Mother smugly looks at her, then speaks once again.