new friends, old friend

Start from the beginning

After doing their baths, they got dressed and went downstairs.

"Is Dad already at work?" said Nathaniel.

"Yes, he got up earlier than you," joked Judy, kissing her son.

They sat down at the dining table and enjoyed a hearty meal together. Nathaniel couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and nervousness about starting school in a new place.

After that, Judy walked with them to guide them to the school. Next time they would go alone.

When they arrived, Judy wished them the best day and returned home, as for the boys, they headed to Raine to get their uniforms.

"Hello, is someone there? We are here to take our uniforms," said Nathaniel.

After some seconds, Raine appeared. "Come here, young men."

When they got closer, Raine took the uniforms from the box room and showed them.

"This is your uniform, so I will give you the instructions now. You need to follow them; otherwise, you will be penalized," said Raine in a serious tone.

"You must wear the complete uniform every day. This includes the shirt, pants, and blazer. Make sure they are clean, ironed, and properly fitted. Any missing or improperly worn items will be considered a violation. Understand?" Raine explained.

"Yes, sir," said Nathaniel, not happy to wear it, contrary to Andy, who appreciated it.

"You will get your clothes after you finish school," said Raine.

After they changed, the bell rang, announcing that the children must line up.

"Sir, which class are we going to? We don't really know," said Andy.

After telling her which grade they were in, she said, "For Andy, you see the corner there? That's your class. As for you, Nathaniel, you see this redheaded girl? You are there."

"Her again, I'm not lucky," said Nathaniel, grunting.

"Come, Nath, let's line up before having trouble," said Andy.

They ran as fast as they could and were able to line up with their corresponding classes just in time.

After some minutes, a tall man appeared, and everybody went silent as he scanned to check if any student was breaking the uniform regulations, which made Nathaniel stressed.

After seeing that nobody broke the rule, he went back and made a sign that they could enter.

Nathaniel exhaled in relief. When they entered, he saw a classic school like any other.

After they entered their classroom, a boy exclaimed, "Finally, we can talk!"

"Yes, I can't take it anymore," said another girl.

Because the village was small, there were only a few kids, six in total. And because Nathaniel was new, he didn't know where to sit until one boy remarked to him, "Come next to me, there is one here."

"Thanks," said Nathaniel.

"I'm Leo."

"I'm Nathaniel, but you can call me Nath or Nathan," said Nathaniel.

"So you're the new one because here, we know everybody," said Leo.

"I can see that. So what are we doing now?" said Nathan.

"I think it's History now," said Leo.

"Cool." Nathan liked history.

After some minutes, someone entered, and everybody stood up.