Diary Entry 2

August 30, 2013

Dear Diary,

I just got home, and I couldn't wait to start writing. I can't believe what happened to me today! Watching Arielle paid off. It happened tonight. She was nearly killed. Just like I always do, I called the police. Then, I went to the scene of the crime. This time was different. This time, I got caught by none other than the same detective who came to my work and threatened to arrest me if I didn't stay away from the Franks' house (which also happened today).

His name is Lucas Findlay.

He caught me red-handed, and I tried to run, but he fired his gun at me. I panicked. He ran me in afterward and questioned me about why I was there. He even presented me with a folder of pictures of me from every crime scene. John Justice had some time on his hands. He had the folder locked up on his desk. Why? I have no idea. I am afraid to find out. What if he had this weird obsession with me? John has been replaced by Findlay now. I'll have to watch my step. He's not as kind as Justice was. When I made the anonymous phone call, Detective Findlay told me he didn't believe in psychics. I was right, wasn't I? If he hadn't been there tonight, at the bank, Arielle would have died.

It's all over now. The detective didn't have enough evidence to hold me. He will be watching closely. I do not doubt it.

Why is it that everyone has such a hard time believing someone can see the future? Granted, I know it's deemed impossible, but am I not convincing enough when I tell them something will happen? I knew better than to go straight to Richard and Arielle, but can you blame me? I have no family left. My mom was all I had, and now she is gone. I was looking for compassion. All Arielle had to do was be cautious and believe me, even if it was just for a tiny bit. What happens? Her husband calls the police on me. I was stalkerish, waiting outside in my car in front of their house every morning, but I was only trying to prevent her from dying.

Is the fact I was worried about her so terrible?

I'm tired of it. I'm tired of all the hiding and all the secrets. Maybe I should have taken the newspapers up on their offer years ago. I should tell the world what I can do. They will probably have me locked up in a padded room, especially if Lucas Findlay has anything to do with it, but that would be okay, too. At least I would get three square meals and wouldn't have to worry about paying the rent.

There is another way I could go, too. Maybe I should give it up, stop calling the police, stop worrying about other people, and worry about me for a change.

It sounds like a good idea, but it would never happen. My conscience would ultimately get the best of me. Sometimes it sucks to have morals.

I'm going to head to bed now. It's been a long day. Thankfully, tomorrow is Saturday, and I don't have to go to work in the morning. I'll be able to sleep in. I hope I can get a peaceful night's rest.

Until next time, Prendle Rose