9

Vote please :)
Comment please :)

kuch gande bola na toh 🤡🔨🔪

REYANSH KAPOOR

DECEMBER 2023

Replying to all the emails is so hectic. The first day of December is really hectic for me but at the same time I am happy too. All the family members were sitting in the living room because Ruhi was finally going to come home  after 3 years.

After some minutes I received a text from my driver indicating that Ruhi had arrived at the airport. I kept my laptop aside and walked towards the kitchen. I have loved to cook for Ruhi ever since we were small.

"Kunwar Sa hum banate hai na Ruhi bitiya ke liye khana." (Prince, I'll make food for Ruhi.) "Nahi kaka, humein karne dijiye." (No kaka, let me do it.) I wore the apron and started cooking.

In no time her favourite gajar ka halwa was ready to be eaten so I served it in a small bowl. I cleaned the kitchen and walked towards the living room.

"Bhaiya." She said in her high pitched voice and ran towards me. "C'mon let me hug you." She whined and started stomping her feet on the ground just like a baby. I kept the bowl on the table and she hugged me. "I missed you so much na, like so much. These 3 years felt like 3 decades without you , and-and." She stuttered and everybody laughed at her.

"And, I'm sorry, I won't ever fight with you because I know that you mean a lot to me " She stopped and I felt something wet on my shoulder. "I love you so much bhaiya." She said between her little sobs and all our relatives laughed .

After a while she was done showing all her love to me , and looked towards the halwa which was probably cold by now because we had made it wait for so long.
"Garam kar doge please?" (Can you heat it up please?) She said and I smiled. I hummed and ordered Kaka to heat it again so that she could enjoy it.

               ___________

"So you're telling me that we are going to meet Bhabhi?" She said and I nodded.
"KISI NE MUJHE BATAYA BHI NAHI NA?" She said and tried to show as if she was surprised but I knew she was just pretending because I clearly told her everything.

"It's an arranged marriage na Ruhi, that's why." Kaki said and Ruhi looked towards me with a smirk on her face. "Oh, so is she good ?" She asked and looked towards Maa. "The purest soul." Maa said and everybody giggled. I got a call from Ansh and I excused myself.

"Excuse me everyone, this call is important." I said and climbed upstairs.
"Reyansh, we need to go shopping." Ansh said and I looked at the time.
"Aaj toh nahi ho sakega, maybe kal." (I won't be able to go today, maybe tomorrow.) I said as I was hella busy this evening. My lady needed time.

"Kyun, aaj tu Kahan Jaa raha hai?" (Why, where are you going today?) Ansh asked suspiciously.

"To meet your bhabhi." I said and he gasped. "Bro, you're getting married?" He asked and I hummed. "Soon." I said but I was soon bombarded with more questions and I started explaining the whole thing to him.

"God dammit bro, you got your love too. " He said and I chuckled. I heard a knock on the door. "I'll talk to you tomorrow." I said and he hummed. I heard the knock again. "Come in." I said in my authoritative voice and I saw my butterfly entering the room.

"Come in." She said mimicking my voice and we both looked at each other for a few seconds and burst out laughing.

"Arranged marriage huh?" She said as we were holding our stomachs after a good laugh. "Well it had to be something." I said and she shook her head and asked in a serious mode.