Chapter Twenty One-Death

I rammed into Dominick's body, throwing him to the ground and held him down as I tried to snap my jaw around his throat. As I was inches from ending his miserable life, I felt a shove at my side and fell off of Dom. I looked into the eyes of my father and whimpered under his gaze.

"You're still a small and innocence child, aren't you?" he mocked. "You'll never grow up and you'll never be anything but the girl who murdered your mother." He laughed in my face.

"No she's not," we all stopped and watched as Ben walked up to us. "She didn't murder Sarah and you know it, you're just in denial about who really killed her."

"Don't you say it," my father snarled out at Ben.

"Why not? She deserves the truth, as does my son and cannot keep it in any longer." He turned to face me. "Your mother wasn't your father's mate, she was mine. Your parents had an arranged marriage and I didn't find out Sarah was my mate until the day of their wedding. Sarah, on the other hand, didn't find out until a week later, we she saw your father with another women, his true mate. She ran away and Cole sent me to go and bring her back. When I found her, she was crying in a motel room, with a pregnancy stick on the floor. She was pregnant with you, Amber. Sarah knew she had to go, but she didn't want to be with Cole anymore, she wanted to be with me and I wanted to be with her just as much, but I couldn't do that to my best friend. So, I broke her heart and practically dragged her back home to Cole." Ben looked so sad and guilty looking, that I couldn't find it in my heart to be angry at him for keeping this from me.

"When Cole found out that she was pregnant with his child, he was so happy that he slowly forgot his own mate. His own mate that was also pregnant, but because she was also married, he thought it was her husband's pup, not his." I looked at my father then and he had a sad look on his face, but I didn't feel and remorse for him and I doubt that I ever will.

"Cole's mate, of course, was beyond angry. She couldn't understand why her mate would turn his back on her and their child. She was the one who gave the information about your mother to the rogues who killed her. She was the one who caused you to have such a harsh life. Cole's mate's name was Catharine, Nick's mother. Nick is your half-brother."

This just keeps getting better and better, I thought.

I looked off to the side where Nick, who I thought was my childhood best friend, stood with a smug look on his face. He wasn't standing with me or Johnathan; he was on my father's side.

He must've seen the confusion on my face because he then said, "Hello, sister. Are you going to stand by and watch as our father kills your mate and his father, just as Dom killed your daughter, or will you obey like a good little girl and leave with Dom and never return?"

Idiot, growled Audreanna.

I agree, I said back. He may be our half-brother, but he is not family if he stands with that monster.

Shall we kill him them? she asked.

Can you do it for me? He may be an enemy, but I don't think I would be able to kill him.

Of course, I understand Amber. Just close your eyes and let me in.

I did as she asked and closed my eyes and when I opened them, I watched form inside my mind as Audreanna flung herself at Nick and before he had even a chance to blink, she ripped his head off and tossed it in front of my father's feet.

I loved the look on my father's face at that moment. It was filled with shock and fear. Fear of me and that knowledge fuelled my power and anger. He shook off his fear and lunged at me, shifting mid-air and just before he reached me, Johnathan slammed into him, knocking them both to the ground.