Chapter 17

Though Meera had posted the letter and Arjun had already received it on the other side, it didn't matter if it lay unopened near his bag, in the base camp. It didn't help with the guilt that she was feeling. She felt as if she had said some very unnecessary thing to her Arjun in the letter. How she wished she could clear it all up. After all, he just wanted his mother to meet his girlfriend. He had done nothing wrong on his part. He did not deserve all that she had said to him.

She immediately sat down with another paper and started writing another letter to Arjun. Maa witnessed it all on her daughter's face. Oh, how she knew all that she was facing. Even though, Meera's father was away her mother was also once in love.

'Meera, come have your breakfast.' — Maa called from the other room.

'Coming.'

It was difficult to pen down all that I was feeling. Somebody should give a disclaimer for loving a soldier. How do I know if he got the letter or not? What expressions did he have while reading the letter? Is he safe? Or is he injured? A big salute to my mother who did it and everyone else who is doing it.

'What did you make?' — I ask settling down on the dining table chair.

'Only for you, South Indian.'

'You made south indian for me.'

That's another reason I love holidays, especially Mumma's holidays, she makes me delicious food. On the other days, she's quite busy. So, holidays gives me a little more pampering.

'You take rest, i have to report to the hospital.' — I say as I make her sit down and take my dupatta and leave the house.

Khushi hasn't called me in like forever. This women has forgotten me as soon as she got a husband. Let her call me once , I will tell her who is Meera. I reach the hospital half an hour later, all thanks to the Delhi traffic. The hospital seemed awafully flooded with people, more than the usual amount.

A nurse came up to me immediately. A pregnant needed an immediate diet plan and pregnant women should have no delay.

'I am coming. Where is she?'

'Outside your room.'

'How far along?'

'Five and a half months.'

'Hi, Meera Aggarwal here and I am your dietician and nutritionist for today and next four months. Let's take this into the office.'

'Your prenatal is extremely important and don't forget you are the mother. Our priority is that you should be at your best. Take care of yourself.'
'Thank you mam.'

'It's my pleasure.'

I move towards the door and call the next person in. It was five in the evening just like that. It was a hectic day than usual. Anyhow, my phone lits up with the notification. Apparently it was something that Khushi had made. No lies, it looked pretty good. I so wanted to comment on that post but I had to stand my ground. As I was scrolling through my instagram, Mumma's message popped up.

'When are you coming back?'

'It would take me an hour or so.'

I wanted to post the letter on my way back. There was no way that I was going to let Arjun think I was angry with him. How can I ever be angry at him?

'I am leaving.' — I inform a nurse and as I am about to leave the room. The breaking news enters my ears.

'There has been an attack on the bas camp of the soldiers at Srinagar. The Major has not spoken to us as of yet but the attack seemed huge.'

There has been an attack. Attack where my Arjun is staying. How do I know if he is alright? Should I go to Srinagar? What should I do? 
My phone rings again and it is Maa. I pick it up.

'Meera where are you, Baccha.'
'Hospital'
'Don’t leave, okay. I am coming. I was around the corner only. Okay?'
'Okay.'

I let the phone slip from my hand as I slump down, unaware of what all is happening around me. My Arjun is hurt.

A/N
Hey people!

I know it has been a long time but I hope this makes up for it. I have just been so busy with the college. Waiting for the comments and love.

Also are you missing Khushi?