#5 - The Traveler Arrives

" Wha-! Is that a human on it ?!"

At the same time, the figure believed to be a human stood on top of the dragon's head, seemingly unaffected by the strong wind flow there.

Yes.

The Dragon King and the Black Knight had arrived.

.
.
.

The Fragment of the Brilliant Light, known to us as Ashborn olie Velaris, has just returned to the Rulers Realm in a dark mood

The investigation into the trail of his lover, Cale Henituse, the Altalune of his heart, has come to another dead end. He had circled many worlds in search of the same darkness that held Cale captive, but to no avail.

The light he possessed instantly felt useless to him.

The silvery eyes behind his white Ruler's helmet stared blankly at the scene in front of him. The Rulers Realm looked like a world in the sky, filled with true splendor, a marble-lined temple with several creatures from other Rulers realms.

Resting in his own place, Ashborn removed his helmet. His eyes closed momentarily as he felt the celestial breeze blow against him. Bringing with it various unpleasant scents and odors causing him to Squint his silver eyes as he looked around.

Somehow the light emitted by the Rulers Realm was no longer as warm as he first felt it.

Something strange and dangerous surrounded them.

"My Lord." Ashborn turned around, somewhat tense at the sight of another one of the Ruler's subordinates coming to his place. Given that he was the only Fragment alone, he had no subordinates or anyone else.

"What is it?" asked Ashborn in a cold voice.

"...I came to deliver orders to inform you that there will be a meeting between the other Lords." The white-haired man's eyes flickered unhappily. What else would the other Rulers do again? The last meeting also ended unpleasantly.

"At what time?"

"Midnight tonight, My Lord." Ashborn simply nodded and the messenger left immediately. Leaving the man in solitude, as he returned to immersing himself in memories. There was still time before the meeting.

He did not know when his heart had gotten so attached to Cale Henituse.

All he could remember at that time was the smell of nature he first noticed, then the red hair like a fiery sunset, and a pair of reddish-brown orbs glittering like jewels. That figure had come from a foreign continent, far to the west, to fulfill his invitation.

At first, some of the council was against it, not liking how the Kingdom of Velaris interacted with a foreign continent. Considering that his kingdom could stand on its own, strong without help or attacks from other countries. But he didn't listen.