#4 - To Begin Again

The stunning jewel-like reddish-brown eyes further convinced the world.

He was the new member of the Ahjin Guild.

Hunter Cale Henituse.

The figure who's rumored to be the 'lover' of Hunter Sung Jin Woo.

.
.
.

Notes :

Cale will be OOC in this fic! Please be forewarned, guys. If you don't like it, just skip this fic eheheh

Park Kyunghye was cooking dinner when she heard her eldest child crying

Panicked, the woman ran into her son's room and was shocked to see her eldest, who was usually so quiet and mature, crying so loudly. It even woke Jinah who was asleep by his side.

"Sssstt, my dear, why are you crying, sweetie?" Kyunghye's eyes trembled sensing the desperation in her son's cries. Which was strange because her son was only 6 years old and had no history of trauma.

"He's gone! Hugh... huwaaaa-! He's gone! I can't-!" incoherent babbling came out of Sung Jinwoo's mouth, crying over something Kyunghye didn't know.

"Yeobo." A slight sense of relief washed over Kyunghye's heart as she saw her husband, Sung Il-Hwan enter the room, now helping to soothe Jinah who was still crying, though now quietly. Not as sobbing as Jinwoo who was wailing in her arms.

"Ssshh... You're safe here, Jinwoo-ah... ssshhhh..." Her son shook his head.

"No! Not safe! He's not safe!" Who is he?

Kyunghye looked at her husband, who had the same confused expression.

"Who, son?" asked Ilhwan, approaching them and sitting by Kyunghye's side. His other free hand rubbed their son's head with an equally worried face.

"... Father?" frozen, Jinwoo looked up quickly, staring at his father's face with an expression of disbelief, making that tear-streaked face hurt Kyunghye's heart even more.

Because she didn't know what was happening to her son.

Her mother's heart bled because she was helpless, unable to help ease the pain.

"Father.. is alive?"

Sung's married couple froze at that question.

"... Mother?" Blank eyes, as if lost in memory, looked at Kyunghye. Then they looked at Jinah in equal surprise.

"... Cassie?"

A foreign name, not Sung Jinah's.

Before the couple could react, Jinwoo broke away from Kyunghye's embrace, walking backwards slowly with his tiny body shaking violently.