ꜱʏɴᴏᴘꜱɪꜱ

▌│█║▌║▌║ 𝗻𝗼 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗸, 𝗻𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 ║▌║▌║█│▌

▌│█║▌║▌║ 𝗻𝗼 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗸, 𝗻𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆  ║▌║▌║█│▌

"𝐢 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨

𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𝐢 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟  𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞."

ɪʀɪꜱ : a name that symbolizes hope, wisdom, faith, admiration, and courage

ɪʀɪꜱ ᴛʜᴏʀɴᴛᴏɴ had a tough childhood, after she was born her mothers health began to slowly decline. In her first ten years of life, Aria seemed fine, her heart condition wasn't too bad and the little Iris hadn't even noticed her mothers sickness.

However after Iris's tenth birthday she started noticing things, at first her father, Ethan, never seemed to be home, he always took extra shifts on the guard, later on she would learn it was because they needed money to pay for Arias treatment.

On the other hand, her mom spent more time than normal with the little girl, she was getting weaker as the years went by and couldn't go to work as much as she used to.

Two year later when she was twelve her parents finally told her what was happening, they explained the heart condition Aria had and how it was worsening with time and also gave Iris the news that she was also prone to the same heart condition which was genetical, and had big consequences due to the little oxygen up on the ark.

From then on, Iris tried to spend as much time with her mom as she could, she learned so much about engineering in her teenage years as Aria taught her whilst she was at bed most of the time. Her mom knew Iris was pretty smart and could get recruited into engineering in the next few months.

Then again her father taught her all about self defence, she wanted her little girl to join the guard cadets as he deemed it would bring her protection and a good income in the future.

When the girl was sixteen everything in her life started to go on a down spiral. Her mother was the worst she's ever been and she couldn't get any more medicine for the pain as the medics called her a "lost cause" and said they couldn't waste any medicine, not even for the pain.

Iris was at home most of the day, giving her mother food and water and keeping her company. At night she started sneaking out to party, she soon learned she loved the high of being drunk and making out with random people, which is how she met her two best friends; Jasper and Monty. The three drank like there was no tomorrow.

A few months later, Iris found it unbearable to watch her mother suffer so much, so she came up with a plan. She studied for weeks the medics schedule, and on one faithful night when the last doctor was coming out of the room where all the medicine was stashed she "accidentally" bumped into him, taking his keycard.

She then left to return when she knew the guards outside the room switched, giving her a two minute gap to go in, find the medicine and get out without being seen.She found it quickly, and managed to slip out unseen.

The next day she started giving her mother the medicine, Aria didn't have enough energy to question the girl on where or how she got it but she was thankful for it as she wasn't in nearly as much pain.

However everything took a turn for the worst that evening, guards knocked forcefully on the door, the family innocently opened it, thinking it was simple a security sweep. But then Iris saw the doctor standing behind the guards, and she knew she was screwed.

Everything happened so quickly, one minute she was laughing with her parents and the next she was pressed against the wall while her hands where being cuffed. Her father was furious and confused as of why his little girl was being taken away while her mom cried.

The girl was going to be locked up until her eighteenth birthday, were the council was to decide if they should float her or pardon her crimes, a bunch of bullshit in her eyes.

A month after she was locked up, on the weekly visit she was allowed, her father showed up with a numb expression. Iris knew from the second she saw him that her mother was dead, once he explained further how it happened, Iris was at least relieved to hear that her mom didn't die in pain, thanks to the medicine she stole Aria died peacefully and thats all she needed to know.