Where are you?

The same time. New York. Wall Street.

Abandoned cars, an empty street and a pitch-black sky.  A picture taken from a cheap horror movie.

Looking from right to left, he walked along the street, the sound of his footsteps echoing in the silence.

Rubbing his thumb over the signet ring on his finger, he laughed humorlessly.  It was starting to annoy him.  After so many years of searching, he thought that a few more minutes, maybe an hour or two, wouldn't make a difference.  He was wrong, he's so close and he certainly has no intention of waiting a second longer.

- Get out wherever you are Jones!  - he shouted in the silence of the street - So many years have passed and you still want to play hide and seek?  As much as you can.

No response.  He didn't expect anything else.

He stopped on a deserted road.  He looked around for glowing purple hair.  It was naive to think that silence would persuade Jones to come out of hiding.  Losing patience, he snapped his fingers.  After less than a few seconds, a huge gorilla head appeared from a building nearby.

"Find her," he ordered in a dark and quiet voice.

The ghost obeyed the order without delay.  His intangible body passed through the building, crossing the street, he threw away every vehicle, fallen billboard and  looked into every building.

-Jones!  It's inevitable!  I'll find you sooner or later!  And it will be for your own good if you leave alone!

- As you wish!

Kasenti and his spirit turned towards the voice.

Behind them stood Jones with a ghost blaster connected to a generator on her back.  A beam of energy slowly gathered at the blaster's barrel, charging the shot.  The gun was pointed directly at the man.

- What are you doing!

- I may be afraid of you, but that doesn't mean I'll leave New York to its fate.

Her long-lost confidence returned to her system.  She placed her index finger on the trigger, patiently waiting for the load to finish.

- Stop her!  - he turned to the spirit, pointing his finger at the woman.

For a moment, the apparition was unsure whether to follow the order, but the steel in her master's eyes did not allow for argument.  The ghost made a sound like a roar and a whistle, then charged at the woman.

"I'm not afraid of you anymore," she whispered and pulled the trigger.

______________

Three hours ago.  New York.  Jones Lab.

It wasn't possible.  It must have been a terrible nightmare, or a hallucination.

There was no way her greatest fear would come true.

She had been hiding for so many years.  She almost forgot about him.  And it turns out that he finally found her and lives in the same place as her.  The ghost was probably his doing.  But how on earth did he capture its frequency?  She didn't have a number, she created her own communication network to contact her children.  There was no way to lift the blocking barricades on its systems in just a second.  So how on earth did he manage to do it?

It's not important now.  The most important thing is that there is a ghost on the prowl, and Kasenti is probably waiting for her.  What can he do?  If she gets out, she will fall into his slimy hands, and if she stays safely in the lab, New York will be left to the ghost.  Both scenarios are terrible.  One or the other will undoubtedly come true, but which one?