The start of a new era

Start bij het begin

"LUMINE!! HURRY WAKE UP, SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH AETHER!!" I could hear my voice breaking. I can't do this again, please.

Lumine swiftly runs out and brings Baizhu in and I move to the other side of the bed quickly, i can see Aether losing consciousness but hes looking at us like nothings wrong..? And once he passes out I hold him up to avoid him choking again.

[Warningg gorey?? Description! Skippable cuz its not necessary to the story!! I will show were to start reading again!!]

I get off the bed and Baizhu quickly grabs his emergency operating tools, he lays Aether down and gives me a pump sort of inhaler and orders me to start collecting the blood filling Aethers oesophagus. He grabs a small cloth and applies numbing liquid, he applies it to Aethers throat before grabbing his scalpel. He cuts from the median thyroid ligament to the cricothyroid muscles and inside was a clear tear in the trachea. Blood keeps filling Aethers throat and the amount coming out is unreal but Baizhus speed was also astonishing as he gets a thread and suture and stitches Aethers tear appropriately and slowly the blood stops filling Aethers throat. Baizhu finishes the job cleanly and does after care to Aether while i sadly sit next to him. Lumine sat watching from a distance, she had thrown up twice.

[ Gorey description over!! ] 

F

or two weeks Aether was in a coma but he was slowly healing, and one day he regained consciousness, that day i truly believed the gods were good. It took a while but he became aware of everything and everyone and I didn't want to leave him alone. I can't risk anything happening to him. I was attached to him. And slowly he started making sounds then mumbles and he could partially talk again though i imagine it hurt terribly for him. If i could i would take the pain for him. I cant stand to see him so agonised.

Aether managed to ask Baizhu if he could leave for a short time with me and Lumine and for some reason he granted him permission. I strongly advised against it but Baizhu said it was fine. This time i wont let anyone near him and neither would Lumine. We ended up going to Mt hulao. We sat beneath the tree as the sun lowered in the sky, the ombre of colours lit the sky as me and Lumine watched Aether we each had one of Aethers hands in our own. His hands were rough but warm.

"I don't have long left." I could feel my face change, my muscles tensed and my heart aches. I can't take my eyes of him i dont believe him. It cant be true theres no way. After all this?

"We are made to be rivals but maybe under different circumstances we couldve been great lovers and perhaps great siblings. I dont understand why we coudnt meet in another world, one where we needn't say goodbye, not like this at least. To be honest im envious. I dont have many regrets in my life but I do have two.. major ones. I always thought what if we had a chance together and i regret not taking it, Xiao. And Lumine.. my dear sister, i never meant to hurt you, you know i adore you so much and i regret not staying with you till the end. I want your hearts to be free. Ive given my life up for our people and for you. I hope you are never trapped or hurt again." Im speechless i dont know what to say.

"Aether.. please no don't leave me, i need you. Surely there's a way to save you, anything! Ill do anything just please don't die." I grabbed Aethers hand I dont want him to go, never ever.

"Aether, brother, i will forever love you and.. i forgive you and im sorry.. i.. couldnt..... help you more or save you in the end." Lumine broke she finally started crying. She bit her lip till it bled trying not to shout. The pain in her heart could be seen. And Aether just smiled at us as if he always knew this would happen, he accepted it. He dedicated his heart to our freedom. I could do anything he asks of me but not this. He became a part of my life and now hes leaving it.

~

Aether passed away the same night we visited Mt Hulao. We held his funeral a week later. Years later I am living my best life not a day goes by in which i dont miss Aether, i will always yearn for him but i understand why he did this, everyone is happy including me. And here, in the middle of Liyue Harbor stand a statue of the most heroic villian, and here lay my most beloved, Aether. May we meet again in another life.

~ the end ~

GUYS I KID U NOT I CRIED BAHAHAGAHA THIS SHIT GOT ME SAPPY 😿😿😿 BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!! AND IF U WANT MORE STORIES OF ANY KIND ON ANYONE PLEASE JUST SAY SO AND I WILL DELIVER! in 2024 i aspire to write more so i look forward to seeing you all again 🥰 and i will keep replying to comments foreveeeeeer!!

AND YOU CAN ADD ME ON INSTAGRAM IF U WANTT, izzydazoonee!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH SERIOUSLY! 🩷🩷🩷🩷