Chapter 11

As usual, after breakfast was over, Payu went to the window to see Som walk to the barn and start checking how the work was proceeding. That morning though, he noticed that his boyfriend stopped to chat with Mark. Payu had already met Mark the day after their arrival at the farm. Mark seemed a very nice person, always smiling and with genuine manners, he was quite a sight too, tall and well built, with tanned skin in contrast to Som's pale complexion.

"Look how happy they are... " Payu said to himself, struggling to find a reasonable motivation to continue this torture. He went to the wardrobe and opened it to collect his belongings and get ready to leave. A phone on the desk of the room started ringing. Payu turned and realized that it was Som's phone, he looked and after seeing that it was Ple, he picked up the phone.

"Hi Ple, I'm Payu, wait a minute, I'll take the phone to Som"

"Oh, hi P'Payu! It isn't necessary. You can tell him I called when he isn't busy anymore. I wanted to inform him that we will join you tomorrow, I've already called our uncle to settle everything" Ple explained.

"I see. I'll tell him at lunch then. Wait, you said "we"? Who's coming with you?"

"Rain. I can be sincere with you, Payu: a few days ago I called my brother to tell him that we are going through a harsh period, so Som said that spending some time together in a nice place like the farm where you two are could be a nice way to fix our relationship" Ple responded.

"Som is totally right, I'm sure you will have a nice time here" Payu replied. He didn't really mean that, even though he knew it wasn't a nice way to feel, he didn't care at all about Ple's relationship with Rain. Payu hoped that Rain's arrival, could make Som feel the same kind of jealousy Payu was somehow feeling.

Som welcomed the idea with great excitement, so much that he spent the few moments of free time he had, just to prepare everything for his sister's arrival at the farm. The following day, the guests finally arrived. Som's uncle, Som and Payu were at the entrance, waiting for Rain to drive the car past the gate. Ple jumped onto her brother right after she got off the car.

Rain, on the other hand, he didn't look very happy. Payu thought that it could be just a consequence of a long trip, but it didn't take him much time to notice that Rain didn't seem to appreciate Payu's presence at all. That feeling became a certainty, as Rain looked at Payu with obvious irritation after Ple hugged Som's boyfriend.