Chapter 9

Som didn't like the way his conversation with Payu ended, he realized what his boyfriend meant by that words and he was willing to change it. In the evening, he took his bike and rode to Payu's family's mansion. As he reached the place, he texted Payu, telling him that he was there. Vegas and Pete's son was sure at first, but as he saw him through the window of his room, he decided to go and face him.

"Why are you here?" Payu asked as soon as he reached the closed gate of the mansion, his voice with a hint of irritation. Som knew that his boyfriend wasn't so happy to see him, but he decided to continue with his plan.

"I've booked a table at your favorite restaurant, get on, there won't be much people today" Som said with a smile. He immediately noticed the confusion on Payu's face and he was pleased by that effect.

"The Japanese one down the street? I thought you hated that place" Payu remarked seriously perplexed. Payu was right, Som really hated that place: it wasn't exactly a matter of food, there were like one or two dishes that he could enjoy, the people were the problem, both the clients and the waiters were so incredibly snobbish, and the quantity of food on the plate wasn't exactly suitable to be considered a whole meal.

"Don't overreact, I don't hate that place... it isn't my first choice, that's all. Do you want to go?" Som asked again and Payu accepted.

The rest of the plan was a complete disaster: Som really wanted to show Payu how much he loved him, he wanted to demonstrate that he could sacrifice himself for the sake of the other, but at the same time, he really couldn't hide how uncomfortable the place was making him.

Just as they arrived, the waiter at the entrance seemed to examine him with complete disappointment, seeing that he took Payu there with a bike. Feeling all those eyes on him, made him lose his appetite.

"Payu, why did you order so little? Take more! Please" Som said as he realized that Payu wasn't eating as much as he would normally do. He couldn't be sure about it, but his suspect was right: Payu, noticing that Som wasn't very hungry and was the one supposed to pay, decided to eat way less than usual, but this only made the situation worse for both of them.

"Don't worry, I had a snack before coming here" Payu replied perfectly hiding the fact that he was starving, thankfully his stomach didn't make any noise. When the waiter took the bill to the table, expecting them to pay with a credit card, Som paid in cash. It was a pretty expensive place, so Som had to put much of his savings on the table, another reason for that snobbish waiter to look at him with an almost disgusted expression.

As they finally got out of that hell on earth, Payu turned to Som.

"A nice dinner, right?"

"Y... yeah, really nice" Som responded.

After a pretty awkward silence, Som finally managed to murmur:

"I'm sorry..."

"What?" Payu asked.

"I'm sorry... it felt terrible... I can't believe that you have to endure it all the time you're with me. Maybe we should..."