Chapter 6- A New Development

Start from the beginning

Before Belfast or Enty could ask further, the sky turned a dark hue as it started to rain heavily. Enterprise basked in the moment for a while, taking in the new sensation of falling rain on her skin. She snaps out of it when she starts to feel her uniform starting to stick and follows the trio back to the main academy building.

"That storm came out of nowhere, but it's probably just a squall that's avoided our attention" Enterprise said as she dried herself off.

"Indeed, I hope so" Replied Belfast "I do hope that everyone is inside and not catching a cold."

Suddenly, Enterprise's eyes glowed briefly as she detected an SOS signal coming from a fair distance away.

"Hold up, I'm getting a-"

"A distress signal! We got a distress signal!" Enterprise was interrupted when Hornet and Cleveland came running to them with worried looks on their faces.

"Where is it coming from?" Enty asked. Cleveland was about to answer until Enterprise answered for her.

"I'm detecting the SOS about a couple of kilometers west of here. It's quite weak so I suspect that there might be some trouble" She looked up to see that everyone was staring at her in a mix of being dumbfounded and amazed.

"Uhh... is there something wrong?"

Everyone seemed to shake out of their stupor enough to coherently talk.

"Yeah no maybe uhh... anyways! We've already called for a rescue team to go out but we need one more member." Said Hornet.

"I'll go" Said Enty before being immediately vetoed by Enterprise.

"Absolutely not! Your ship is nowhere near where it should be for peak performance but you as well as a person, Missy!" She said, her inner McCoy coming out "You are in absolutely no physical condition to fight. Belfast, please make sure she doesn't slip away, I'll be taking the lead for this mission." As she walked away, Enty opened her mouth to retort until Enterprise put her finger up.

"Do not"

That was all she said as she exited the building to meet up with the rescue team.
________________________________________

20 kilometers away from main base

The rescue team sailed along while braving the storm which caused the waves to churn and rise wildly in all directions. Of course, it wasn't all quiet for the team had to endure the complaints of a certain destroyer.

"Now I have to get all wet again!" Hamman complained. Cleveland could only smile awkwardly.

"Sorry about this Hamman, but we can't ignore a distress call. We should be getting close though..."

"A couple hundred meters or so and we should get a visual on whatever sent that signal" Enterprise said as she descended to Cleveland's level.

"Yeah... wait Enterpri-! Oh.... hey there 'other' Enterprise... hehe..." She said awkwardly "Sorry, just a force of habit and the fact that you two look alike at first glance"

"Well I'm used to it at this point" She said, chuckling.

"Whats the future like?" Enterprise looked over to see Hamman with a curious face "Not that I'm really curious or anything" She added with her usual pout.

"Well for starters there are none of these 'Sirens' you guys are fighting against but our relationship with other alien species also vary. For example there's the first species we made contact with that being the Vulcans. They're good people once you get past their overly strict and logical personality really! There's also a Vulcan subspecies we call the Romulans. Our relationship with them is... iffy at best" She explained gesturing her hand in a so-so manner. "But enough chatter for now. Tally ho, lads" She said in a mock British accent that sounded more like a Scottish accent at best.