chapter thirty- solemn

Start from the beginning

Luke walks out of the entry and heads up the stairs, the sound of his footsteps disappear.

I swing myself off of the comfortable sofa, and march over to the kitchen to make the food.

"I'm going to put something on. What do you want to watch?" Jack grabs the remote and turns on Netflix.

"Your pick." I answer him.

"Yes!" He goes and scrolls through shows.

I open up the fridge and look around confused until I see a bowl of white eggs sitting on the clear shelf.

"Do you guys have bacon?" I ask Jack who is still on the hunt for a show.

"Uh, I think so," he turns around and furrows his brows, "try the middle drawer."

I look down and grab the handle to open it up. The package is the first thing I see.

"Ah." I mumble and grab the package out of the drawer.

"I don't know where anything in this house is.." I laugh.

Jack walks over to where I was, and grabbed a few pans for me, and also some butter.

He goes back to the sofa and finally decided to watch Suits.

"I love this show!" I turn around facing away from the stove where the eggs and bacon were cooking.

"It's decent," Jack says. "Brooklyn Nine-Nine on top!"

———

Minutes later, I'm cooking more bacon. Luke was done his shower and was munching away on his breakfast.

"This is so good.." Luke says to me while engulfing the shit out of a breakfast sandwich.

I hear footsteps descending the wooden stairs, and thought it was Jack ready to eat.

When i didn't see the light brown hair, I looked away. It was Quinn, finally up.

"Something smells good in here." He walks to the kitchen and sits on one of the island stools.

I grab a plate from the upper cabinet and slide it over to him. Still not looking at him.

He takes some food sits back in the chair, and then  I hear more footsteps coming down the stairs.

Jack enters the room phone in hand watching something.

He looks and notices the lack of food on the counter and scoffs

"You guys seriously left nothing for me?" He flicks the back of Quinn and Luke's head causing them both to squirm.

"Jack, don't slap your brothers." I say. He rolls his eyes. I probably sounded like his mother.

"I have more eggs and a few strips of bacon on the stove right now, don't worry." I laugh.

I turn back around to tend to the crackling meat. A tiny drop of grease flies onto my hand as I'm flipping each piece. "Ouch." I flinch.