Haise Sasaki (When I Was Your Man)

Pain.

That was all that came to you after Kaneki Ken's death.
Your best friend.
Your amour.
Your muse.
Your lover.

Your everything.

-----------------

"Well, I guess it's time that I clean this black hole." You sighed, beginning to pick up trash off the floor.

Your life hadn't really been the same after his death. It was two years ago, yet the memory burns the inside of your mind everyday, each painful sting worse than the other. You couldn't sleep. Couldn't eat.

Couldn't love anymore.

You missed him so badly. To you, true happiness is getting to touch his delicate face. To hear that soothing voice again. To see Kaneki Ken with your (e/c) orbs just one more time. To stare into those mesmerizing grey eyes. Oh, how badly you wanted to touch him.

But the only thing you can touch now is a gravestone.

"I need to stay strong. For him." You told yourself.

As you tidy up your once shared apartment, you stumbled across a photograph. You remembered it almost perfectly. It was the picture Hide took when you and Kaneki shared your first kiss on New Years' Eve, right after the ball dropped. Fireworks were exploding behind the two of you, only your silhouettes can be seen. You smiled, the memories dancing in your mind. A single tear escaped your eye.

"I miss you, Bakaneki. I really do." You mumbled softly, looking around for a picture frame. Once found, you hung it up on the wall in your living room.

As you finish cleaning, you just realize the time.

4:37pm.

You always visit the cemetery at five. You always wear your (f/c) dress Kaneki bought you for your birthday.

"Shit!" You mutter as you scurry to your bedroom to get ready. Once done, you grab your keys. As you hurry toward the door, your gaze falls on Kaneki's old turquoise jacket. You smile sadly and put it on, rushing out of the door and to the cemetery.

------

"Hey, Ken." You smile sadly as you talked to his gravestone. His name was foreign to your tongue now. You placed down a bouquet of Baby Breath flowers down onto his grave.

"I miss you. So much." You sniffed. You couldn't help but cry every time you saw his name on the tombstone.

You knew that you couldn't find someone like him again. You couldn't love someone as much as you loved Kaneki. Never.

"Miss...? Are you alright?" That voice is all too familiar.

You whipped your head back to see who shared the voice of your former lover. Your eyes immediately widened at the sight before you. A man, who looks almost exactly like Kaneki Ken, stood before you. The only difference being that this man had white hair, but had black roots and streaks of black hair. You sat there awe struck, just gazing and studying every inch of the strangers features.

He resembled Kaneki Ken without a doubt. A single tear escaped your eye.

"K-Ken..?" You whispered. The man looked at you, then turned his attention toward the gravestone you helplessly cling onto. He read the thick words written on the thin slate.

Kaneki Ken.
Died age 19.

He looked directly at you and his grey orbs softened and stared into your (e/c) hues sympathetically.