10. A Dance Please...

Start from the beginning

"I like Older, mature and 'Smart' girls." Bhai had said his hand on my shoulder in a lazy way as he leaned onto me.

"I can be anything you want Atharva." She had said with that same finger twirling her hair.

"Well. You lost the 0.0001 percent chance you had. You can never be older than me. And you said you can be anything I want. When you clearly can't be older than me... shows exactly how utterly stupid you are. And finally. The mature part. I don't like girls who play with their hair every second they talk to any guy and act like shit to everyone else. Have a good day!" He recited his one sided monologue.

Her jaw had hit the floor at that rejection. And had never shown her face to bhai ever again because of the humiliation.

Apparently that didn't humiliate her enough cause that is exactly what she tried with Abhi. And while it was all cringe and low key funny watching her talk like that with bhai.

And his response had been even funnier to witness it live.

But witnessing the same with Abhi filled me with a bundle of useless emotions.

I had felt something clotting my throat the moment Abhimanyu had looked at her with a soft smile to reply to her question.

Was she really that pretty?

"What's your name?" She asked again when he inched a step closer to her. She flushed under the unwavering stare of his eyes.

"Do I know you?" Abhimanyu asked while still standing rooted in his place with that sweet smile.

"No... But you can now." She repeated her eyes turning hazy as her cheeks flushed harder.

His smile was still there the complete angelic look in his eyes. It hurt seeing him smile like that especially after saying "Sorry. Do I now you?"

How could he have done that? I felt the pain in my chest bloom with each passing second he smiled for someone else when he hadn't smiled at me.

Smile? He hadn't even recognised me.

My movements to the beat of the music grew faster at the memory. The rage I felt. Everything I had bottled up inside me grew. With the beat.

"To my princess... Wait for me."
That was one of his notes!

I waited for you. I kept my promise only to realise that it was a forgotten promise.

Even now. Hours after the incident had taken place. I still felt the emotions vividly. I spun on my toes my pace increasing. Till the airpods flew out and I fell on my knees. The silence of the room echoing in me.

Everything went to an abrupt halt.

Silence.
Silence.
Silence.

Then the words he spoke to Kashi returned to me.

"You don't know me right? So, consider this as your first and last warning. Get away from me. I don't appreciate people overstepping my boundaries. You respect mine and I will let you carry on with your disgusting self. Next time you cross my path with that intention. Remember it Will be the last time you walk the halls of this corridor ." He said his tone even.

Cold and most of all the look in his eyes had shifted. Shifted to devilish. Violent and most of all his eyes were... completely black.

As dark as the night sky.
Not a shimmer of light in them.

The atmosphere had frozen over around him. Halted and everyone. Boys and girls who had come to see the new kid. Stood rooted in their places knowing well. Very well. That the cute, hot new kid wasn't the most amiable person.