10. A Dance Please...

"Sorry

"Sorry. Do I know you?"

The words kept ringing in my ears until they were all I heard.

Had I mistaken someone else for Abhimanyu? Was that even possible knowing how my heart only flutters in his presence. I have never ever felt my heart flutter in that way with anyone else.

He was the only one it beat like that for.

Was a being a fool by trusting my heart instead of my brain.

Maybe.
Maybe I was right.
No. I was definitely right.

That was Abhimanyu Acharya.

There is not fucking way in hell that it was not him.

Those chestnut coloured eyes. That reflected the calmness of a sea before a storm. The almost indistinguishable difference between his eyes. One was as calm and soft as the angel. The other was chaos and confusion. Almost devilish.

His voice started to change. But the way he speaks is exceptionally articulate just like when he was little.

There is no way in hell that I can mistake someone else for Abhimanyu.

I pull onto the tie that suffocated me harshly. Pulling my hair free from the ponytail that held it together.

My airpods blasted all kinds of songs on shuffle. Each song of a different genre and each song filling me with a different emotion as I danced to the beat.

Roohi kept looking at me wildly dancing. For almost two hours after class. But when I didn't stop even after that she left saying. She had better work to do.

That meant trying to find some other guy.

Cause as soon as the girls had thrown themselves on Abhimanyu.

His facial reaction had changed. To something similar to disgust. Almost as if he was repulsed by each and every female in this world.

I noticed the subtle change only because I had seen him smile as a kid. If I hadn't I would have never realised what he hid behind his poker face and kind and gentle facade.

He hid something.
That was for sure.

His forced smile. A smile with immense insincerity. Unlike the Abhi I had known smiled. It seemed as if smiling itself was a huge pain to him.

Something he didn't want to do at all at any cost.

"Hey! What's your name?" Kashi had asked. The supposed 'IT' girl of our grade. While twirling onto the ends of her hair. It was surprising how her actions resembled that of a cheap flirt bag at the age of twelve.

She had tried to hit on bhai when he was walking to class with me. But, my dear bhai had laughed it off. He even went as far as taunting her. He might look all fun and carelessly charismatic. But he was the devil personified. He knew how to seduce and he knew how to crush it.