Body: Bakugou 🍋

I was in my living room, enjoying a late night TV session, when I heard urgent knocking on my front door. Glancing at the clock, I realized it was well past midnight. Who the fuck is at my doorstep so late? Setting aside my popcorn bowl, I headed to the door to check. Looking through the peephole, I breathed a sigh of relief upon recognizing a familiar blonde figure.

"Do you even know what time it is—" I started as I swung open the door, only to get shoved by him to the side and he walks in as if he owned my house.

"Shut up." He simply muttered.

I roll my eyes at his response. I noticed he's still in his hero costume which meant he was on night patrol duty. He walked into my living room and collapsed onto my couch, clearly agitated.

"Katsuki," I moved closer to get a better look at him. Something seemed off.

His entire body was filled with cuts and bruises. His nose was bleeding, and his lip was swollen and his costume was ripped. It was apparent that he had been attacked.

Unable to contain my worry, I knelt down beside him. "What the hell happened?"

"Villain attack." He muttered with his eyes closed. "It was a close call."

"I can tell." I snapped as my temper flared. This isn't the first time he has showed up at my doorstep all battered and bruised and almost half beaten to death. It's like an everyday thing for me seeing him like this, but that still doesn't mean I can get used to it.

"Can't say the same for those shit ass villains though. Him and his pathetic friends were practically begging me to spare them." He grinned, though the amusement quickly turned into a quiet grunt as the laughter sent jolts of pain through his body.

The irony of his amusement in the face of his injuries got on my nerves but I held it back. He has already been through enough, I'll just save my anger for tomorrow. I ran to my bathroom and grabbed my emergency kit and a stack of wet tissues before running to the kitchen and to grab a pack of ice. I gently placed the cold pack to his bruised lip, causing him to flinch in response.

"Sorry..."

"It's just really fucking cold," He spat through clenched teeth.

A smile crept onto my face. "Suree."

As I compelled him to press the chilled icepack against his face, I cleaned and covered his crimson stained arms and chest with both trinkets and bandages, which has now become a ritual.

"You know you've proven it enough number of times that you're strong, right?" I murmured.

My question was followed by silence. Just the faint sound of the tv and our breathing to be heard. I didn't look at him as I addressed his wounds, knowing he'll question me back soon enough.

"What do you mean by that?" His response was filled with skepticism.

"I mean, calling for backup and letting your friends know that there's been a villain attack won't make them think that you're weak."

His intensely red eyes, previously closed in pain, flickered open, meeting mine with stone cold emptiness. "I can handle a bunch of weaklings myself."

I shook my head at his stubbornness. "It's not about proving yourself, Bakugou. Everyone knows you're a strong hero–"

"I am not trying to prove myself here." He retorted sharply, throwing the icepack away. "I'm already a pro hero. What more could I fucking want."

"You don't need to be number 1 to be loved, Kats." I whispered. "You don't have to go the extra mile to show everyone your strength."