The Ball: Bakugou/Kirishima

The Unknown Letter:

"A dress so exquisite that it alone is enough to catch one's eye. Hair so beautiful that they leave a sweet aroma when being around her. Her lustrous, shiny eyes and soft delicate lips, the way she speaks and the way she smiles, all of it is enough to make me fall in love with her. If this were a movie, she'd be the heroine. A Queen who doesn't need a man to protect her. Her presence alone is enough to burn down an entire city. But alas, life is a complex tapestry of dreams and desires, and sometimes the stars don't align in our favor. She was everything I yerarned for, but it was not meant to be. If only she knew what my heart was telling me. If only she could see herself from my eyes. If only she could be mine. If only. She was the dream that danced in my thoughts, while he was the one who held her heart in his hands. She was my dream and He was hers."

Your Pov:

'The night was young and so was I. There was a notion inside me that I was unable to identify.'

I ran through the long, empty hallways, my glass heels echoing a replica of my footsteps leaving nothing but an instrumental shrilling behind. I made my way towards the grand hall, double checking my dress, checking for any accidental creaces and wrinkles before making sure that my hair was still set in a presentable bun.

"Pull yourself together." I muttered to myself before opening the doors to the grand night that'll change my life forever.

My eyes flickered with enlightenment upon being meet by vaulted ceilings, crystal chandeliers glittering in the soft light making the marbel floor gloss elegantly. An ethereal spiral staircase and balustrade was situated leading to the second level. The thick velvet drapes were all over the large French windows. The waiting staff was circulating around the crowd to offer canapés and exchanging empty champagne glasses for fresh new ones. There was an orchestra playing at the far end of the ballroom who's music seemed to have casted a spell on people, making them sway with their notes from side to side.

It felt like I was in the 1900s. Like an elite of the Victorian Era.

The women dressed in flowing, elaborate ball gowns with rich expensive jewels were shining brighter than the golden walls, their low chatters accompanying me as I passed by them.

I looked down at my seemingly plain gown with a dejected frown. I felt extremely underdressed. I couldn't let myself get distracted though. Looking around for familiar faces, my eyes landed on a man in a black tuxedo, laughing and joking with a group of people while holding a drink in his hand. I cocked my head in amusement since I'd never witnessed him so serene and peaceful before. His hair were nearly comed down instead of his usual spikes, making him appear a million times more beautiful than he already was.

My lord, this man will be the death of me.

He noticed my stare and met my dazzled eyes in a daze. Time stopped and it was just us. Forgetting about everything else, we once again immersed ourselves in one another. If only I'd known sooner angles like him existed.

We slowly approached one another and he grasped my hand with his in a tender, feathery touch, as if dazzled by my beauty, he shot me his usual sinful grin, making my heart flutter like hummingbird wings in response.

We made our way towards the crowd of people dancing and he swiftly wrapped an arm around my waist and I around his neck. Mesmerized with each other, we whirled and swirled in rhythm of the music, not caring if our dirty little secret will be out in the open. After all, we hate each other in public eye.

He leaned in and brushed his lips against my ear, making me shiver. The pleasure he gives me is beyond any women's reach.

"You look just like a dream." He murmured.

"You need to stop doing that." I beamed at him.

"Doing what?" He sounded confused and pulled back a little to catch a better view of my face.

"Saying things that make me wanna kiss you."

I glanced up at him and he was still looking at me, his gaze softer than ever. He gave me a curious glance as though he saw something in me that was intriguing. That moment felt so perfect, so right. With me in his arms, and him in mine. What more is there to ask for? He gave me his undying love, he loved me back to life. He feels so soft, so fragile, so tentative. It makes me want to protect him. He is the sweetest man of all, sweeter than honey and yet, more sinful than lucifer himself.

But,

Apparences can be deceptive.

He is all 7 of the deadly sins. Never once will he show you his real emotions, you'll never know what lies behind those crimson red eyes. He plays dumb but he knows exactly what he's doing to me. Although, tonight I don't care. Even if he's toying with me, so be it. I swear, his arms had never felt this close home before.

I rested my head on his shoulders and sighed, silently surrendering my battle of denial and he rested his face on my hair. Running away from him now was impossible. I'll welcome whatever comes our way here upon.

There were big round tables with hundreds of people sitting and watching the dancing crowds while enjoying their drinks. My eyes flickered around mindlessly into the nothingness until I spotted a redhead, standing on the top of the spiral staircase, watching us. No, watching me.

As his betrayed red eyes met my guilty ones I felt like someone dropped my heart like a glass, that shattered into a million pieces on the ground. He shook his head at me and ran past the doors, away from the crowds, to get away from me. He couldn't stand seeing my face.

Kirishima,

A man who is in desperate need for love. Never once will he show you how lonely he feels or how he too needs someone to be there for him.
Always choosing others over himself. How can I make him see that he doesn't need to save everyone to redeem himself? It was so ugly when I realised his flaw was also his charm.

I wanted to tell him, "You are a wonderful person." that "There are people more suitable for you."
But, I couldn't. I can't let him go.
Because deep down even I wanted someone to love me too.

Because in times when Katsuki wasn't there for me, when he did things to purposely hurt me, Kirishima was there build me back up. He always put others before himself and refuses to acknowledge the pain it causes him.

Why do we always have to break the good men? And subsequent question why they develop such cold, soulless nature.

I know I'm a rotten person and I don't deserve either of them, but who do you choose if you adore them both to the point of death, but are also self centered enough to hold on to them both?

Mortified, I glanced up at Katsuki with tears in my eyes but he was already looking, his jaw set with frustration. He released his hold on me and took a voluntary step back, building the walls between us once more before glancing up at the direction Kirishima went and then back at me. Leaving it up to me to determine our fate

Tonight was not worth living for.