The Popular Girl Ch.12

“You look beautiful Addison.” he told me. i took a long look at him. He was wearing a black suit and was carrying hot pink roses, his hair was gelled up like always. He looked gorgeous.

“You do too.” i said, then blushed, because i realized that i just called him beautiful.

“What are you doing here?” i asked.

“Taking my favorite girl to the dance.” My heart burst into a thousand pieces, i knew that second, i loved this boy.

“I thought you were mad at me...” i said, then i thought ‘way to go Addi, great way to ruin a moment’, but it didnt seem to bother him, he was still smiling.

“We’ll be late, i’ll tell you every thing in the car. and seeing as your mom just ran and got her camera,” he laughed, gesturing behind me, where indeed my mom had ran and got her camera was standing, “we better take some pictures.”

We took hundreds, maybe thousands of pictures, but it was pretty fun. it wasnt awkward when he slipped his arm around my waist or pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around my tummy. my mom was smiling and laughing the whole time and eventually luke and me were out the door, heading towards his moms car. His mom reached back from the drivers seat and hugged me, she told me i looked beautiful. i smiled and thanked her.

suddenly luke whispered to me, “I was jealous, i thought you liked clay, addi im sor-”

“dont be.” i smile, we then pulled up to the school, we told his mother goodbye and walked down the red carpet leading to the gym. This years dance theme was hollywood and movie stars, their were fake paparazzi and old movie posters hanging where the bleachers used to be. everyone was dancing to a song i didnt know and on the stage was a band i had never heard of.

luke grabbed my head and pulled me on the dance floor. we started dancing and he was really good. i silently thanked God for my mom making me take dancing lessons two years ago. Another song was started and it was slow, i put my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“How’d you found out nikki was lying?” i asked.

“Alyssa called and told me everything.” i smiled, i really wanted to hug alyssa then.

“Hey addi?” i smiled, he had called me a name i had only told him about.

“Yes?” he straightened up, causing me to have to pull my head off his shoulder and look at him. 

“I love you.” 

My tummy did all kinds of flips and flops. my heart skipped what seemed like a hundred beats. luke was holding his breath, i could tell he was worried about my reaction.

“Luke..” i smiled. “I love you too.” he let out his breath and smiled. he was so beautiful right then, i wanted to take a picture, to capture that moment forever.

He slowly leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. i closed my eyes. This was perfect. All too soon he pulled away. he was smiling, so was i, i was also blushing.

suddenly the principals voice boomed over the loud speakers, “We are now going to announce the Spring Fling King and Queen. Thank you for everyone who voted, the voting booths have been open since the dance started and will now be closing.” he paused, i looked around, everyone was eagerly staring up at him, every girl in this room was dying to be queen, except for me. i had everything i needed, Luke. i smiled in spite myself. “This years King and Queen are...” he tore open a envelope, “Luke Preston and Addison Campbell!” people all around cheered and pushed up to the stage the lights were bright and a crown was put on lukes head while a tiara was placed on mine. i looked over at luke, i had never seem him smile so big, he turned to look at me too, he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, in front of everyone. the crowds cheers just got louder. The principal leaned over and whispered to me and luke, “You two get to make a speech now...” he handed me a microphone. i didnt know what to do with it. someone in the crowd yelled “SING!” so i did. i started singing the song i sing in lukes car,our song.

“Our song is a slammin’ screen door,” i sang everyone started swaying and the band started playing, i guess they knew the song. I had never sang in front of anyone but it just felt... right. i sang my heart out, when the song ended everyone yelled encore. i didnt though, i grabbed lukes hand and ran out to the dance floor again.

“You were amazing up there” he said, smiling.

“Thanks.” he leaned down and kissed me again.

I knew this was how everything was supposed to be.

***THE END***

this was my first story ever, it came out to be about 38 pages on Microsoft word, yay! thanks for all of my readers! i’ll start another book soon!(:<3

                      lots of love and butterflies, <3, Ali