The Popular Girl Ch.3 (Picture Of Clay!)

Luke and i finally made it up to the crowd. i looked at all of their faces, a black haired girl who was shorter than me, a short boy with a round face, and a girl a little taller than me with blonde hair and freckles and a few others, then i saw him. He was looking at me with these huge emerald green eyes. His brown haired was gelled up like Lukes. I had to tear my eyes away from him to tell all of the other people hello. I gave all the girls hugs as i introduced myself. i could feel the boy staring at me.

“So Im Addison...” I said finally meeting his gaze again. I had learned that the black haired girls name was Nikki, the blondes name was Alyssa and the short boys name was Tyler. 

“Clay?” Nikki said looking at the beautiful boy. He finally quit staring at me and turned to look at her. “Aren't you going to introduce yourself?” i had already learned that Nikki puts people on the spot a lot, i honestly couldn't see myself being to great of friends with her. Although i could see myself hanging out with Alyssa, she seemed really nice and down-to-earth for being so popular. 

While we stood there i got to know everyone a little bit, they were all confident that was for sure. Nikki was defiantly the most confident though. Alyssa was funny and tyler was too, Clay and Nikki had known each other forever and were best friends, Luke was also best friends with clay. And i found out that they were all going to the school i was attending.

“well lets hit the arcade!” Tyler sang. “Addison, you ready for me to beat you in air hockey?” he joked raising his eyebrows.

“Bring it.” i said making everyone laugh. Except Nikki. I shrugged it off, maybe she just didn't have a good day today. I would give her another chance at school tomorrow. Tyler started walking towards the other side of the mall, i guessed in the direction of the arcade, so i followed.

He beat me once and i beat him twice. “Hah!” i said. “You cant touch this!” i joked winking, i knew tyler and i would be great friends. he mumbled something like, “i let you win.” i just acted ike i didnt hear him and kept on smiling. i looked up at the group, they had all crowded around the air hockey table when the game got intense. Everyone except for nikki, she pulled a girl out of the group and dragged her shopping with her.

“I bet you cant beat me.” clay said raising his eyebrows.

“Hmmm...” I fake thought. “I bet i can... But we should make this more interesting...” i trailed off giving him a sneaky smile.

“How?” he asked looking intrigued. I smiled at him again.

“20 dollars.” i put out my hand for him to shake it and signify that we had a deal. he finally put his hand in mine and we shook on it.

I beat him. 

“NO!” he screamed. i laughed so did everyone else. everyone else went back to their games. clay walked over to me and started digging around in his pocket and pulled out a 20 dollar bill, he handed it to me.

“no keep it.” I said pushing his hand back towards him. He shook his head, “You won it fair and square.” he said.

“Clay i’m not going to take your money...” i paused, “even though you do suck at air hockey.” he laughed and i started on my way over to Luke playing a hunting game with Tyler.

“You're pretty wicked at that game Addison.” tyler said with his eyes still focused on the screen. “thanks,” said watching Luke. he was so engrossed in the game, his face was blank, but his eyes were wide. he suddenly turned to look at me. i blushed realizing that i was intently staring at him.

“You want to go get some frozen yogurt? They have an awesome place called ‘Goodys’ on the west side of the mall.” even though i didn't like frozen yogurt i said yes and he rounded up the group and told everyone we were going to Goodys. Everyone got all happy and some of the boys ‘whooped ‘ and hollered. 

As we all started walking across the mall clay turned to luke. “Wheres Nikki?” Luke shrugged saying, “Call her.” clay pulled out his phone and talked into it in a low voice i tried to tune in my hearing to hear what he was saying. 

“Yeah, Goodys. Yes she's here. Get over-” thats all i heard him say before luke started talking to me. 

“I think school will be easy for you.” he said smiling at me as we walked.

“Why? Because im hanging out with the popular people?” i only half-joked. He laughed.

“Something like that,” he said and he opened a door for me and motioned for me to go inside. 

Goodys was a big white room with all kinds of different help-yourself flavors of yogurts, and a huge toppings bar with a ton of choices. I decided on cookies and cream with the topping of Oreos, M&Ms, and cookie dough bites. Luke who was in the line behind me got birthday cake with chocolate expresso and the toppings of M&Ms and Carmel chocolate chips.

Whenever we got to the front of the line you were supposed to put your bowl on a scale, 25 cents per pound. I knew this because i watched the people in front of me. i sat mine on the scale and watched the numbers fly up. Then suddenly the number got big very fast, i looked up at the scale to see lukes ice cream sitting next to mine. Before i even had time to protest he paid for his and mine. as we picked out two colorful spoons on the counter next to the register i said to him, “Thanks for paying for my ice cream, you really didn't have to do that. i’ll pay you back.” 

He shook his head, “you don't need to pay me back. I invited you so im paying for you.” he told me smiling as we picked a table big enough for everyone to fit at. 

“Nikki is on her way here” Clay said coming up and sitting across from me. Alyssa came and sat down next to me. Chatteres started arupting all around the table.

“So do you want to actually go shopping tomorrow after school?” Alyssa asked me. i was at first a little schocked but i quickly recovered and accepted her offer. Maybe this new town wouldnt be so bad, but then she said, “Nikki can come too! We’ll have SO much fun!” 

                                       *

How do you think that will turn out? I still need a cover! Comment and VOTE! please & thanks!        -Ali