Preperations

Mulai dari awal

Before even heading out I got a call from Ruhi saying they had reached but I shouldn't hurry since the appointment with the main designer didn't start for another 45 minutes. I took my sweet time making a coffee for myself since I sent out Shilpa aunty for some rest and drove off.

Playing some music in the car like always I started thinking, about the life I would have in less than a month, about how many changes there would be, what if I can't adjust? The thoughts creeped in like always making everything around me numb. To shake off the feeling I thought about the good stuff, maa showering me with her love, the sleepovers I'd have with Niya, random midnight kitchen talks with Vedant and raiding Ruhi's closet whenever I need to but most of all Aadvik. I knew I'd have him beside me and that felt good.

As I slowly crept into the parking I got a call from Niya saying that they were going to the designer shop. I made my way into the mall and spotted Ruhi, Niya and Maa standing there waiting for me in front of the shop. All of them greeted me with huge hugs as always. We went inside to a private showing room where the store manager met us.

"Hello everyone!" The man who had a name tag as 'Rajesh Verma' greeted us. He went into a dive about Maa's outfit, seeing me confused Niya whispered and told me that Maa and him had been classmates in school and in every event she is styled by his store.

"So Rachna which one here is the beautiful bride to be?" He asked after a long conversation with mom as we girls perused through different dresses that were up on the hangers.

"Oh that would be her, my elder daughter in law." Maa replied gently pulling me towards her by holding my arm. I gave them a small smile and took out my hands towards him, "Hello, I'm Aisha."

He was met with enthusiasm after shaking my hand, "Well Aisha let's get you engagement ready!"
I gave him a nod of acknowledgment, he exited the room and came back in a while with three more employees, all of their hands teaming with beautiful pieces of clothing.

My eyes widened at the view, piles on piles of intricately worked lehengas, gowns, and so much more.

"You guys start looking through these whatever you like Aisha, Nisha here will help you put them aside and try on." He clarified pointing towards a girl, she gave me a small smile.

We started looking through the different pieces and after a good half an hour of looking at dresses the four of us collectively chose about 20 dresses for me to try on. As I started moving towards the trial room Maa stopped me.

"Beta wait for a couple minutes, Abhi is also coming. We can get the same kurtas for him too. Both of you can try them together." She said stopping me. Didn't he have meetings all day? He told me so yesterday.

Looking at my face she continued. "I got him to skip the other half of his day today so you guys can choose the outfits together." She informed.

Just as she said that, Aadvik emerged in his usual black tux. His black shirt underneath doing justice to his body as he walked over, his head buried into his phone.

After reaching us he pocketed his phone and bent to touch mom's feet, she patted his back and then hugged him, planting a small kiss on his head as if he's a small kid. I love how expressive the Ahuja's are, it was the first similarity I noticed in Niya and Vedant.

His gaze then met mine as he gave me small smirk when he saw me ogling his abs under that shirt.

"Jaldi jaldi iske size me inn dresses ke matching ke kurte dikhado please" Mom said to Nisha, who had been helping us.

In under 15 minutes Aadvik's kurtas had been brought over. His eyes widened at the number.

We were quickly sent off to try out the first outfit chosen.