Where the Path Ends

Cloak had led Jensen through the forest, to a place he had recognized, but faintly. It was a destroyed city. No one walked the scorched streets, lived in the ruined houses or, shopped in the collapsing stores. Jensen looked around a worried and confused look painted on his face. he looked at cloak as if to say "What happened?" Cloak looked at the boy with the caring eyes.

"I don't know but whatever it was, you had something to do with it. " She said looking at the ruins. Jensen gripped Cloak's hand tighter. "Its okay sweet one." Cloak said. "You didn't cause it, but something was looking for you." Cloak gazed at the terrified boy clinging to her hand. "I will protect you."

The two set back on the path. Jensen was thinking over what he had just seen. He wondered if anyone was killed during what happened. He was scared for the first time in a long time. He felt when Cloak was there, he was safe. No matter where Jensen went, Cloak was there right beside him. They became best friends. Cloak had an amazing ability to know what he was trying to say just by looking into his eyes. They walked the path through the forest once more, hoping to meet some people, but saw no one. They found a soft patch of grass to sit on, when Jensen realize how tired he was. It felt like he never slept, and he never did. However her felt sleepy for some reason. He put his head and closed his eyes. He slowly faded into his sleep as Cloak gently stroked his delicate face.

Jensen dreamed of a grey forest. The trees were so tall that they seemed to reach the sky. He wandered for a while, looking around whatever this was. He heard someone calling a name. It sounded a lot like his. It got closer, and it sounded like someone was looking for Jensen. Then out of nowhere, a bright light was shone into Jensen's eyes. He squinted and put his arm up to block the light.

"Hello. Who are you?" A voice asked. "Im looking for a young boy named Jensen have you seen him?" the voice asked. It didn't seem familiar, so Jensen backed up. "Hey! Hey, its okay, were not going to hurt you ." The voice said. A hand reached toward Jensen. Frightened he turned and ran the other direction. "Hey! Where are you going?" The voice said. Jensen heard pounding footsteps , whoever the voice belonged to, it was chasing him. Jensen started panicking, dodging grey trees left and right.

"Get back here kid!" The voice was getting closer. Jensen ran faster. he saw a light. He wasn't sure if he should run towards it, but he hand no choice. He was just about to run into the light when a firm hand gripped his shoulder, pinning him down. "Look s like i found you at last Jensen!" The man said as he gripped Jensen's shoulders even tighter.

Tears streamed down Jensen's face as he pictured himself running to the light. Something strange happened. All of a sudden, there he was running towards the light. It slowly reached out towards him as a dark shadowy man closed in on him. It reached towards Jensen, but the light made him flinch as if it had touched something extremely hot . The shadow growled as the light slowly encased Jensen in its warm light. The shadow took out a knife and started to slash the light, cutting it and turning it into darkness. it smirked and reached for Jensens throat.

Jensen woke up, panting and sweating. His trembling hand reached for his throat. After a few seconds restarted to calm down. he looked around to see that cloak was no where to be seen. Jensen stood up and gazed at his surroundings, His city.