"He do realize he doesn't get to call anyone for the rest of the day right?"

"Yea but he doesn't care cs he got a phone in there somehow so he just calls me at night."

"Oh, are y'all back together?"

"Nope"

"Baby you're way better than me. If a nigga played with me like that i'd never pick up the phone for him but that's just me tho." Saints mom shrugged.

"I know it's dumb most of the time I let Major talk to him. I be feeling bad ignoring his calls."

"Tianna imma just tell you from experience, you gotta let him go baby. What he did to you was not okay. I was dumb over his dad for so many years now look at me, single with three hard headed ass kids that got my blood pressure going up every other day."

"He's not worth your time. If you let him disrespect you once he'll do it again." She added

"He already know we not getting back together. I just be answering so he can have someone to talk to. I mean if you think that's gonna have him thinking we gone be something when he get out then i'll stop answering."

"No do what you feel is right. Don't just do what I'm telling you to do because that's not gonna solve anything."

"In all honesty I want nothing to do with him I just don't wanna be mean."

"And you don't have to be mean. Let him talk to Major whenever he calls and keep things short with him."

"It's gone b hard but I know I have to. He always think somebody playing games with him."

"Oh for sure. Just do what's best for you. We'll still treat you and Major like family."

"I appreciate that."

--

As Halo got out her car she squinted her eyes at the car parked two spots over. No one was between them so she got back in her car and got her gun from the glove compartment before putting it on her hip.

She then got back out and locked the doors. As her and Major were walking the window rolled down revealing Dre.

"Wassup son" He smiled

Major looked at him then up at Halo with a confused look on his face. He didn't remember Dre much and he definitely didn't understand why he was calling him son.

"Foo get da fuck on." Halo rolled her eyes. "Lemme talk to you, ian tryna do no extra shit."

"What?" She asked as Major hid behind her and wrapped his arms around her leg. "You was just gone take em n not say shit?"

"He's my son. I don't have to tell you shit, you kept him away from me for three years. He's better off wimme anyway. When he gets older we'll let him decide if he wanna be around you or not."

"Dets fucked up, he my son too Tianna."

"I'm not the bad guy inna situation you are. Ion wanna deal witcho shit today Dre so please just let us go inna house n we can talk another day."

"Ite... imma see you later Major." He waved so Major waved back at him before they went inside.

"Mommy who dat man?" Major asked looking up at her. "That's your real daddy, you wanna get to know him?"

"No, Saint my daddy." He responded getting very defensive. "Oh okay then I guess not." She laughed

"Foo dis dog bad as shit." Rocky spoke putting Ghost in the cage. "Not too much on him. What he do this time?"

"He just bit up da remote to my tv. My remote ain't did shit to him. What y'all did today?"

"Nun much, you?"

"Spent some time wit my girl." He shrugged "Why we never met her before?"

"Iono"

"I want to soon, since y'all serious now. What you cookin? It actually smell good!"

Halo knew what she looked like and talked to her a few times but never met her in person. She figured Mariah was a good person because Rocky made things official with her.

"You know I can't cook, my girl cookin' pasta or some shit she seen on tiktok. She upstairs tho i'm finna go get her."

"Okay"

Halo sat on the couch next to Major and helped him take his shoes off. "Boy where is yo socks at? I told you about that."

"Sorry" He laughed while wiggling his toes in her face. "Move" She mugged

"You get that worrisome shit from Saint."

"Call my daddy!"

"First of all don't yell at me, second he can't talk right now. We'll talk to him tomorrow."
"I want a snack."

"You know where it's at, go get it."

"Oueee!" Major giggled and hid behind his mom as Mariah came down the stairs in front of Rocky. "You tryna steal my girl foo?"

"Huh?" He asked "You heard me."

"Leave my baby alone. Hey Mariah, I like yo hair who did it?"

"Thank you, some girl named Tasha." She shrugged "I put ha on." Rocky spoke

"Boy whatever. Hey Major, can I have a hug?" She asked putting her arms out. "Go give her a hug now stop being shy."

"No" He continued to giggle. "I think he got a crush on you or sum."

"He betta chill fa I beat em up."
"You can't beat me!"

"Says da one hidin' behind they mama. Ian stuntin' you foo." He waved him off. "Me n my baby will jump you, stop playin."

"Da difference between me n him is ion need my mama to defend me, he do."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do. Stay back there n be quiet." Halo spoke looking back at him. "It's ite imma catch you soon."

-

When should I do the time skip for Saint to get out? Or what more do y'all want to know about Halo's life?