#12

"You understand?"

"Yes, yes, doctor-captain-swordsman-nurse Law."

Sick of him nagging on and on about having to keep a low profile, Moon rolled her eyes and pushed him away.

The entire morning was spent lecturing her about the obvious; how she had to tell no one she knew what she knew, and how she should not hold anyone hostage anymore. She looked up at Law, putting her arms on her waist.

"Hey. I have been doing this for years."

"Yeah, but that was before you risk being captured, knowing what you know."

"They won't. All the other teachers give no shit about the students. And what does that result in? Neglected students who can barely read or multiply. I'm an asset they won't kill."

Law's inked hands of death landed on her shoulders with a firm grip, his grey eyes burning a hole through her eyes with his glaring gaze. Moon blinked a few times, not losing eye contact.

"Okay. Fine. You dare to banter with a pirate, so I assume you have guts."

"Hey, me minus guts equals..."

Putting her hand out in a showy manner, she tried to get an answer out of Law, but he squeezed her shoulders tight as a reply. She pouted at that, dropping her hand weakly. Her lashes cast a shadow on her disappointed eyes, which made Law click his tongue against the roof of his mouth before giving her a response.

"Equals death. You might have died in the process of someone trying to remove your guts though, due to excessive bleedi—"

"Hey! I don't need doctor-like answers from you. But you're right. Me minus guts equals death. I'll do whatever it takes to keep them safe."

"See, this is where we disagree. Please don't do anything sacrificial."

Seeing how Law was going to start another round of nagging, Moon tried to wiggle out of his hands but failed. Instead, she opened her arms to pull him in for a hug which immediately loosened the captains's unassuming hands. She placed her cheek on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. It was a melodious tune that was best enjoyed right beside the ear. Law just had to let out a chuckle, ruffling her hair up before intertwining his fingers into her thick locks. He pulled her head back with a gentle tug, making her half-lidded eyes look back up into his eyes that were staring deeply into hers. He leaned forward slightly to close the gap between them, his lips enveloping her upper lip, then the lower. She opened her mouth slightly, her hands gripping onto the back of his shirt. She felt herself trembling at little at his gentleness and warmth, her eyes closing completely to indulge in the moment.

Sensing himself getting too into the moment, Law let go of her hair he's been pulling onto with more strength than he liked to handle her with. Forcing himself to open his eyes and gently tear himself away from her, he admired her pink-hued cheeks and lips glistening from the contact.