Chapter 2:Shadows Of Cruelty_Being Biracial

.It's 7:45 in the morning. I step out of my Dad's BMW, I can't help but notice the stares directed towards me. Another eventful day begins at this so-called amazing college...Ironically though It's ironic how I used to think the attention was focused on me, but clearly, it's because of my Dad's flashy car. He really should stop dropping me off, giving these jerks something to laugh about. The embarrassment burns inside me as I desperately wave him off, but he seems oblivious to my signals, mouthing a "I can't hear you." It's only when I gesture that I'll call him later that he finally nods and drives away. Sighing, I make my way towards the school hallway, dreading the inevitable stares that make attending this college an unpleasant experience.

Finally reaching the end of the hallway, just beside the corridor leading to my classroom, I breathe a sigh of relief..Today wasn't so bad after all, or so I thought. Out of nowhere, something hits my backpack. I look down and discover a crumpled note. Curiosity gets the better of me, and I unfold it to find a grotesque caricature of a girl. To my horror, the girl in the drawing is supposed to be me, with a caption mocking my mixed race: "Mulatto Elena."

Millions of tiny ants seem to crawl up my legs as tears sting my eyes. I look up to find everyone staring at me. The culprit behind this cruel act, Jason, our class bully, struts over with his minions in tow. "Hey, mulatto, like my drawing? It's a perfect picture of you," he smirks, and the entire crowd bursts into laughter. I try my best to hold back the tears and fight the overwhelming emotions surging through me. But then he yanks my butterfly hair clip, causing me pain as I plead for him to let go, my eyes filled with desperation.

"Hey, don't look at me with those uncivilized eyes of yours," he mocks. "I've heard they practice witchcraft in your country. Who knows, maybe you're a witch." His words trigger more laughter from the onlookers.

"Good one!" his sidekick Adrian chimes in, patting Jason on the shoulder. The humiliation engulfs me completely.

"And you shouldn't even be in New Haven, in Verisidale College. You probably begged your way in, mulatto," Jason adds, finally releasing my curly hair. "Oh, are you going to cry?" he taunts, grabbing my chin and bringing his face close to mine. Unable to hold back, tears stream down my face.

"Huh, pathetic," he sneers, letting go and stepping on my broken hair clip. I groan in disbelief, as that clip was a precious memento from my late childhood friend, Lisa. How could they be any more heartless? More tears stream down my cheeks.

"I should wash my hands after touching this thing," Jason remarks, walking away with his cohorts. I bend down to collect the shattered parts of my hair clip, holding them in my palm, and make my way towards the girls' restroom. It feels like a sanctuary compared to the rest of this place.

Luckily, the restroom is empty. I approach the faucet, splashing water on my face, trying to calm my racing thoughts. I sigh, leaning against the door, and eventually sit down, completely deflated. My breathing becomes labored, and I hope it's not what I fear. But as my pulse quickens, panic sets in. I'm having a panic attack, and my inhaler is nowhere in sight. Jason's cruel words echo in my mind, reinforcing the feeling. You don't belong here Mullato.. wanna cry.. oh pathetic.. I should probably get wash my hands after touching this thing..

On the floor, I curl up like an embryo, struggling to breathe while attempting to silence the tormenting voice in my head. Suddenly, another girl enters the restroom and lets out a scream. "Oh no... the mulatto is having a fit! Somebody, help!" She stands there trembling, as if she were the one in distress. I guess this is the end for me. Moments later, students rush in, having heard her cries for help. The room
soon filled with students, I gasp for air, feeling really dizzy.I feel myself being lifted up by muscular arms as I gradually lose consciousness.

Hi, Wattpadders, how was this chapter, emotional huh?. Well the next chapter would be out tomorrow, keep reading, please vote and share your thoughts in the comments section.