VII

I closed the door behind me, watching her get in the car and drive off from the little window pane of the door before turning around and doing a little happy dance.

I laughed at myself before digging into my clutch to pull my phone out. Upon checking it I saw I had a few missed calls from my baby sister Karen so I clicked on it, calling her back.

A few seconds later her face popped up on my screen with a slight frown.

"Why you ain't answer when I called you earlier?" She asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Cause I was out." I said with a smile. I used one of the vases from the flowers to prop my phone up on the coffee table so I could look at everything.

"Out where? And what is all of that?" She asked as I rearranged the bags at my feet.

"On a date. And these are my birthday gifts." I said still smiling big as I looked through the bags that held makeup in them. She got my exact shade and everything, doing her big one.

"Date with who?! Jacky!" I heard Karen call out causing me to roll my eyes.

"What? Oh well hello to you too ma'am. Why you ain't answering the phone for nobody?" Jacky scolded me.

"She was on a dateee." Karen drug out making me blush as I thought about Beyoncé.

"With who?!" Jacky asked like Karen making me laugh.

"That's for me to know and for y'all to find out. Also, Karen when are you bring me my baby?" I asked causing them to smack their lips.

"We'll be out there in a week. I wanna know who this mystery man is." She said, Jacky said humming in agreement.

"Who said it was a man?" I questioned as I looked at my phone.

"Not you back in the lady pond!! Now I really need to know who it is. Is she cute?" Karen asked making me laugh.

"Fine." I said as I began looking through my other bags.

"Oop. What she look like?" She asked making me freeze.

"Taller than me, about my skin tone maybe a little darker. She has honey blonde hair and hazel eyes and a really pretty smile that shows her dimple off." I said with a smile as I moved on to the next bag.

"How old is she?" Jacky asked.

"Thirty two.." I said lowly making them holler.

"You robbing cradles too?!?! Oh my lawd." Karen said falling back dramatically making me laugh.

"She pursued me! I was kidnapped from work and taken on a date." I said immediately cursing myself because Karen knows Beyoncé is my driver.

"Oh so she picked you up?? Were you expecting her to pick you up?" Karen said with a knowing smirk making me blush and nod.

"Finally! Oh my gosh its about damn time!" She said making Jacky look at her confused.

"You know who she was with?" She asked making Karen nod.

"Mhm sure do. How was your date?" She asked me.

"It was nice, she took me to her friend's restaurant. We should go when y'all come and visit." I said as I finally stopped looking through all my gifts.

"Girl she gave you all that and ain't got the cooch yet? She like like you huh?" Jacky asked making my face heat up.

"Trust, when she put it on her you'll know. That girl gon go above and beyond for her Rinny Pooh." Karen laughed making groan.

"Karen hush! And yes Jacky, I haven't even kissed her yet but she got me all of this. She likes to make my birthday special." I said making them 'Aww' in unison.

"We can finally start celebrating it again! Finally cause I been wanting to go to Bora Bora for our birthdays but you've been so lame. Maybe she can hump the fun back into you." Karen said making Jacky laugh obnoxiously.

"I'm finna hang up." I stale faced making them both laugh harder.

"Okay okay I'm done. I was just calling to check on you but it seems like you had a good day." Karen said her laugh finally dying down.

"The best day ever. You should've seen what she did this morning. A whole red carpet and ten dozens of flowers. Plus these." I said holding up the money bouquet Beyoncé got me from earlier.

"Oouu you better lay it on her good when you finally give it up. Lay it on her THICK you hear me?!" Jacky said making me laugh while putting the flowers down.

"Yes ma'am I hear you. But I gotta go y'all I got court in the morning and I have to put all this stuff up." I said as I stood up grabbing my phone.

"Okay. Love you! Happy Birthday Grace." Karen said blowing me a kiss. Jacky did the same before we hung up and I set my phone down.

I looked around my living room with a big smile on my face as I thought about my night.

The best birthday ever.

~~~
another one 😚

edited cause again my mistakes made me mad