Part 5

The sound of Ghost's back hitting the wall reverberates through the hallway as drywall crumbles, hitting your boots.

You might have been worried someone would catch you with Keegan's gun under Ghost's chin, if this apartment complex wasn't filled with questionable people who turned a blind eye to things that didn't involve them.

"Shit," Keegan exhales from the side as he watches you nudge Ghost's head up with the gun.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Ghost eyes trail across your faces checking for injuries, something he use to do after every single mission. You hadn't expect him to still do it after four months of being on the run. 

You had expected anything but a caring Ghost.

Why was he here? To take you back or turn you in? Why hadn't he ambushed you in your apartment? He was completely capable, especially seeing as the windows in this shading building would open with little leg work. Alarms were attached to each window in your unit specifically for that reason. I mean, how many times had you and the boys snuck in throw windows on missions? Atleast eighty-five percent of the time.

His balaclava shifts slightly to the right, "I missed you to, Y/n." His voice held a seldom tone, something you hadn't expected with the smirk hidden behind the fabric.

You hated the way he could read your emotions. It didn't matter how much you hid them behind mean looks and angry expressions, one off tick of your heartbeat told him everything he needed to know.

Deep down it had felt good to see that stupid skull mask again. It had felt good to know he was okay.

Your mind was at war with your body, struggling to keep yourself from wrapping your limbs around him in a hug. You hadn't allowed yourself much time to miss any of them, forcing yourself to shut down those emotions the moment they started poking their pesky head out.

Your hand pushes the gun again, "That makes one of us. Answer the damn question, Ghost."

"Is this anyway to treat the man that kept you hidden from König and Price all these months."

Your feet fumble in disbelief, your arms managing to keep the gun pointed at him.

"What are you-"

His face comes close to yours, "You think you went four months on the run without slipping up? You're good but you're not that good."

Your eyes squint at him, filling with questions that needed answered immediately.

"You know how much we all care for you, you really think I would willingly standby and let you hop into a car with some random stranger, a bounty hunter nonetheless."

A wave of anger courses through you at what he was suggesting, your arms tug him by the vest, effectively throwing him down.

Pulling you with him, arms tangle with one another, fighting for dominance as you land on top of him, gun pointed at his chest while the other rips the knife from his leg holster.

Eyes never leave his as you watch him point to Keegan, "Don't. Touch. Her. She's not a threat."

Not a threat? Not a threat? Was he not seeing the same thing you were, a gun and knife pointed at places that would have him bleeding out in seconds, if you deemed it so.

"I think your overestimating your odds, Riley," his eyebrow raises at the use of his name, "You forget how far someone who has nothing left is willing to go to prove a point."

His hands wrap around yours at the base of the weapons as he yanks both of you up, letting his black slam into a wall, allowing you to maintain your position with the weapons still pointed at him, willingly giving you the vantage point.