Part 1

You had never experienced snow as a child, though every cold and barren mission you went on made you more and more thankful for the summer heat you had constantly complained about when you were younger.

You were almost positive your nose might fall off. No doubt, it was red enough to light up an enemies binocular's if they landed on you. Head tilting up, you try to look at your own lashes, wondering if baby icicles were forming on them yet.

The smoke like-condensation coast across the air as you hit König lightly in the shoulder, "This is what happens when you kick Price's ass in cards. I told you he was a sore loser."

Sometimes you never though you would get use to his German accent. Growing up in a small town, you rarely heard anything apart from a northern or southern accent. You liked his though, deep, raspy, and unique to him.

He chuckles looking at the shoulder you tried to hit. He hadn't even felt it through his thick jacket and vest underneath.

"Sorry Meine Liebling (my darling), his ego will find a way to recover."

"One day I'm going to look up all these words you say but won't tell me the meaning of." He tsks while you fold your arms over each other. He loved to throw German words into the conversation to confuse you and to hear all your awful guesses of what the word might mean.

"You'd have to work on your spelling, tenfold to accomplish that, schönes mädchen (pretty girl).

Your eyes shoot daggers at him as you walk beside him, your legs fighting to keep pace with his tall ones.

You could see why he earned the crazy rumors and nicknames that floated through pretty much every branch in the military. It didn't matter if you were navy, Air Force, or special ops, every one had heard stories about the man they referred to as a "human battering ram."

He was a giant of a man at six feet four inches.

You had no idea how much he weighed, because while physically he looked lean, he had arms the size of boulders.

The memory of you walking in on him while he was working out, flashed briefly, remembering how your eyes widen after doing the math of the weights on the bar while he pushed reps out like it was paper weight. 340 pounds to be exact.

This man could pick you up and throw you around like a rag doll with no problem.

"How much longer? My nose might fall off before we get there?"

Shaking his head, he looks down at his device and back up the snowy hill that had encompassed your legs up to your knees, "Such a dramatic little thing. It shows base camp is about 5 kilometers north."

You can't help the pout and huff you let out, "Three more miles?! I'm never letting you compete with Price again! I'm going to be a causality of ego's."

'If anything kills you its going to be your terrible taste in men, hübsch (beautiful)."

Your hand slaps your thigh in defeat, "That wasn't my fault, How was I suppose to know he had a wife and three kids?"

"Told you those dating apps are no good."

"How else am I suppose to meet people," you say, your arm waving around at the deserted landscape, "If you haven't noticed, my work doesn't allow me much opportunity to mingle with others."

"Good, it seems you attract men who don't deserve you anyway."

Your jaw drops, "Atleast I put myself out there, "Mr. I don't date."

Stopping he turns toward you,halting your movements as his face leans downs to yours, "I don't need to date, alles, was icy noch im Leben will, steht direkt vor mir (everything I want in Iife, is standing right in front of me)."