Chapter 4

I shoved at the door to my AP Calc class and strode in, that new guy trailing behind me. Mrs. Calton glanced over but didn't dare say anything about my tardiness, though she did frown slightly.

    My desk was in back, next to Lillahs, so I sat down quickly, not bothering to help the new guy.  I already showed him to class after all, so technically, he owed me. Much to my displeasure, though, he took a seat right next to me, the seat that was unfortunately empty since Trent transferred into a higher class.

    I opened my notebook, prepared to pretend to take notes, but his foot nudged mine. Why me? Rolling my eyes, I turned to him.

    "Hi. I'm Damon."

    "So?"

    "... The word of the day is 'legs'."

    "..."

    "Let's go to my place and spread the word."

    I was kind of stunned by the bluntness of it, but I couldn't help it, my mouth twitched a little. My smiling muscles were so under-used, though, so the corners of my mouth fell right back down.

    "My magic watch says you don't have any underwear on."

    "... but I do."

    "Crap, It must be twenty minutes fast."

    Okay, I admit it, I kinda smiled at that one, but it was very quick.

    "If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer be the same as your answer to this question?"

    "Yes... No... Wait, what?" I could see Lillah laughing lightly at my perplexed-ness. But just for the record, this didn't happen often.

    "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I leave and come back?"

    Where was he getting these from? Seriously.

    "Can I get your picture to prove to my friends that angels really do exist?"

    Does he have them written on his hand?

    "Have you noticed how gray the sky is today?"

    So now we're talking about the weather? "I guess."

    "Wanna know why?"

    Just humor him, it'll make him shut up quicker. "Why is the sky so gray, Damon?"

    "All the blue is in your eyes."

    He's good.

    "If you were a laser gun, you would be set on stun."

    That was immature. But I couldn't help smiling.

    "Whoa. Did the sun come out or was that just your smile?"

    I almost laughed, but the bell saved me. Lillah had already packed up my supplies and was holding my bag out to me.

    Just as we were about to walk out the door, I turned around to see Damon further back in the class room.

    He looked up and I caught his eye. "My name's Laney."

~Damon~

    She was HOT. No doubt the best-looking girl I had ever seen. Something seemed off about her, though. Her mind was never really all... there. Normally, I have a girl's undivided attention, but not Laney's. And I swear I've seen her before...

    I exited the school and headed over to where my bike was parked. I straddled the bike, but couldn't get anywhere as three girls were blocking my path. I glanced up and caught the middle one's eye. She was fairly pretty, with dark brown, if not black, hair and brown eyes. Her body was nice, but not nearly as nice as Laney's. A small smirk spread across her face as I held eye contact.

     She crossed her arms, obviously trying to push up her nonexistant chest. "Hey. I'm Bristol. I haven't seen you before. Are you new?"

     She would do for tonight. "Yeah. I'm Damon." I replied, flashing a charming smile for her benefit.

     Her smirk grew larger. Thats adorable, she thought she was the one playing with me... Suddenly the other two girls turned and just walked away. Did I miss something? Or was it just some secret girl code?

     She moved closer, almost pressing her chest against my arm. "Maybe I could show you around."

     "That would make my day." I said, but she didn't seem to sense the slight sarcasm that I had let drip through.

     "Great," she purred, "Tomorrow? We could hit the hottest club."

     "Sounds perfect. Do you have a ride?" I asked, though I could see her friend waiting for her by a red convertible.

     "No." She lied, casting her brown eyes down. If I hadn't seen that trick a million times, I might have actually fallen for it.

     "Where do you live? I could give you a ride home." I offered, catching her eye and smirking a little. Girls seemed to love that.

     She smirked back and gave me her address. I handed her my helmet and she climbed on behind me. We sped out of the parking lot, but not before I caught her friend's surprised and hurt expression.

      I strode into the house, carefully shutting the screen door behind me. My dad hadn't fixed the broken hinges yet. Speak of the devil...

     "Where have you been?" He demanded, standing up from where he had been sitting on the couch watching football.

     "I gave a friend a ride home."

     He sneered. "Or were you f*cking a girl?"

     "No, sir."

     "Don't lie to me!"

     Before I could realize what was happening, he had pulled his fist back and punched me. It stung, but I was used to it.

     I sighed. "I'm sorry, you were right."

     "Who is she?" He demanded.

     "Just a girl." I lied. It was better to just let him believe what he wanted to.

     He punched me again, this time going for my ribs. I fell to the floor, holding my stomach.

     "Who was the wh*re?!"

     "Go to h*ll." I muttered, still clutching my ribs. He kicked my head one last time and I blacked out.

(A/N) I know this was really short and it took forever for me to upload. I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to upload quicker this time!!!!