Chapter 181 - 185

Mulai dari awal

Su Wen smiled stiffly, guilt weighing on her conscience. She had not asked Little Sister Su to do as she did. She was innocent! What happened resulted from a whim on her younger sister’s part. If anything, her younger sister deserved the praise, not her.

Grandma Gou Dan had stormed to the village chief’s residence, hoping to make Su Wen pay for what she did. Yet, Grandma Gou Dan managed to offend the village chief before she even arrived. As one- third of the village bore the surname Li, Grandma Gou Dan’s only hope for shelter would be with her daughter-in-law.

surname Li, Grandma Gou Dan’s only hope for shelter would be with her daughter-in-law.

Wang Chunyan’s anger abated with Grandma Gou Dan’s departure. “Little Wen, there’s nothing you need to be afraid of. That old woman has had a lesson coming for her for a long time now.” Wang Chunyan decided to spread the word of Grandma Gou Dan’s words to the rest of the village.

“Ah. Thank you, Aunty.”

‘You’re most welcome. We’re all family.”

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

Su Wen stayed behind to chat with Wang Chunyan for a while before the latter took her leave. Li Youcai regarded Su Wen with a complicated look. He could not take it lying down when he thought about how his ancestors had been cursed by Grandma Gou Dan and knowing Su Wen’s part in the whole debacle.

Su Wen was too good at causing trouble.

It had only been a few days since Hengyang left. How had she managed to stir up so much trouble so soon?

The moment Hengyang left, problems cropped up like mushrooms springing from the dirt. Should he keep quiet about what had happened? No. Li Youcai decided he needed to inform Hengyang. Otherwise, who knew what would happen next?

Hence, Li Youcai cycled to the post office in town, paid some money to use their phone, and called Zhou Hengyang.

Chapter 182: Pretty Good-looking

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

Changhe Machinery Manufacturing Factory was busy. The sales of bicycles were better than expected. The factory was working overtime. It had been a long time since the workers in the workshop had been so busy, but when they thought of their bulging wallets and the newly set overtime bonus, their hearts were filled with a sense of fulfillment and happiness that they had never felt before.

The boss was a good person.

Although young, he was strong, courageous, and generous. The former tactory manager could not be compared to him at all. The factory’s privatization initially caused some unease, with many fearing their lives would take a turn for the worse. Now, who would not envy them?

Those relatives who used to look down on them and refused to help them when they could not make ends meet were now desperately trying to get a job in the factory through their connections.

Unfortunately for those hoping to jump on the bandwagon, the boss did not hire any of them.

It gave the employees the confidence to work with their backs straight, proud that they had done the right thing by staying in the factory’s employ.

Unlike his workers, who worked with newfound zeal, however, Zhou Hengyang, the boss, was not in the mood for work.

“Hengyang, what’s on your mind?” Liu Chun put down the report in his hand, a sly glint in his eyes. “Ever since you returned home, you’ve been acting strangely. Why is that?”