Vox | Taste

The famous head chef and owner of the restaurant looks at Y/n's resume, seemingly unimpressed by the amount of time she had been moving from one job to another as a waitress.

"As you can see, I have.. a lot of experience." She says, looking at her resume too.

Vox sighs, he leans back on his chair. "Y/n, you do know that waitresses tend to get berated by customers very easily? You seem to be a nice girl-"

"Please! I'll quit when I have enough money to support myself. I swear!" Y/n clasped both her hands together with his as a sign of desperation.

At this, Vox looks at her with a surprised look. He clears his throat, the physical touch was new. "Fine, you start tomorrow."

When getting home, Y/n quickly took off her shoes then went to the phone. She dialed a certain number.. "Please pick up, please pick up.."

Hearing that there was no one picking up her call, she sighed. "Maybe he's busy."

° • ~

"Boss!" Y/n rushed in the restaurant, her hair messy. "I'm so sorry I'm late-"

"You." Vox approached her, holding her by the shoulders. His eyes were darkened as he stares down at her.

"I'm sorry I'm late, my clock wasn't-"

"Sorry won't cut it." Vox says. "Sure it's just two minutes late but I won't have my employees being lazy noodleheads. I'm giving you a warning this time since you're new." He lets go of her shoulders.

Y/n sighed in relief. "Thanks b-"

She was cut off when the ravenette was fixing ber hair in a bun and tidying her clothes. "You need to make a good impression as a new waitress. Not everyone gets to keep their job because of customers,"

"..yeah, I'll keep that in mind." Y/n looks away. She walks off and starts to take orders as soon as she got in.

Vox watches her from the entrance, he had a look no one could read. The man huffs then went to kitchen.

"Hey uh, boss?" Y/n started a conversation with him when she went in to throw the trash.

"..yes, Y/n?"

The new waitress looks at the chefs working hard to prepare customers' dishes. "Do you make all the recipes and.. how the dishes get decorated?"

"Of course, this is my restaurant, my kitchen. I am the boss and head chef." Vox proudly says.

"..then why aren't you cooking?"

"..." Vox looks at her, not knowing if it was rude, stupid or she's just trying to understand how everything works. He clears his throat. "I'm the head chef-"

"I know, give me another reason!"

Vox looks at her. "..it's because I can't taste," seeing Y/n's confused look, he decided to elaborate. "I don't have tastebuds, it disappeared when I was six. I now despise food because of the bland taste. It also doesn't help that it effects my emotions and feelings. I don't know how to be happy, what makes me happy. All I know is that I just get angry." He explains.

"..woah, so you never fell in lo-"

"Get back to work."