Please Don't Leave/I Can't Lose You

Chenle walked through the doors of the hospital after beeping in and walked towards the resident lockers. When he got inside, he saw Renjun and Jaemin talking about a patient that had come in with a massive brain tumor. Chenle took off his jumper and t-shirt before putting on his scrubs and heading out of the room to the nurses station to go over his patients' charts. He rubbed his temples, his fiancé woke him up in the middle of the night just coming back from his shift. Before they went to sleep they got involved in... other activities. Now Chenle was half awake sipping on his coffee waiting for rounds to start. A swarm of interns came in and disrupted his peace and quiet, well as peaceful as it can be in a hospital.

"Dr. Zhong, my patient is in need of surgery. Will it be possible for me to scrub in?" An eager intern asked. Chenle groaned and simply started walking to start rounds seeing most of the interns were there.

"If anything you'll most likely observe, ask the attending on the case. Dr. Kim, Dr, Choi, Dr. Min and Dr. Nam, why aren't you following me? Rounds have started, grab your charts, let's go!" He yelled at his interns running behind him while he walked towards a patient's room.

They entered the room and Chenle greeted the patient before asking an intern to present.

"Mr. Jeong Jihoon, admitted a week ago from abdominal pains, after CT and MRI scans there is an obstruction visible blocking the bowel. There is a scheduled OR for Dr. Kim for a bowel resection today at 2 pm." Dr. Choi finished speaking, Chenle nodded his head thinking for a moment.

"Ok Dr. Choi, very good, let's move on." Chenle speaks and leads the interns out to finish rounds.

After rounds were done, he was checking on post-op patients making sure they were all comfortable before returning to the nurses station to talk to an attending.

"Dr. Qian! I have finished all my post-op check ups, my interns are off doing intern things and I need something more to do." Kun laughed at Chenle's eagerness.

"You want in on the tumor surgery don't you? Aren't you in trauma today Dr. Zhong, "the attendant asked. Chenle nodded his head, but persisted nonetheless. "Alright, you can scrub in, it's at 8 in OR 2."

"Chenle!" Chenle turned around and saw Renjun walking towards him. "When will we meet that boyfriend of yours? It's been like 3 years." Chenle laughed and while they walked toward the pit where they were assigned for today.

"First of all he's my fiancé and I don't know maybe when you show KIND behavior and I won't feel like you'll ridicule him."

"Ambulance bay, we've got a GSW lodged in the chest of a detective. The whole squad rode the ambulance with him so we've got eyes watching to be on your best behavior." Doyoung yelled through the hallway, then the pagers of everyone on trauma went off, which of course included Chenle.

"Sorry Dr. Qian! I'll see you later" He said and ran to the bay.

The ambulance opened and the EMT stepped out the back and took the gurney out of the vehicle with the help of the detectives.

"Park Jisung, 27 male, Blood type O+, the GSW is most likely lodged in the ribs since there's no exit wound, vitals are stable enough." The EMT spoke while running through the trauma bay along with the doctors before letting go.

"Alright, prep him for surgery and get him into an OR stat! Zhong, Huang, scrub in and choose 2 interns. PAGE CARDIO!" Doyoung yelled and left to get an OR.

Chenle couldn't move; he was frozen in place, looking at the patient in bed, Jisung's clothes were being ripped off of him before being prepped for surgery. Blood was everywhere, Chenle looked at his finacé whose eyes were opening and closing. Chenle's eyes watered and his hands started shaking while he tried to contain himself.