Chapter 11

Ten Years Later

Aurora looked up from her notebook where she was working on some math problems as her laptop starting ringing, letting her know that she was getting a video call. "Hey Rose," she smiled as she answered it and Rose showed up on the screen.

"Hey Rose!" Marc and Luke shouted as they continued making dinner.

"Hi," Rose smiled and waved. "You busy?"

"Just working on math," Aurora shook her head. "Daddy Kota wants me to show my work so he can make sure I understand everything. But it can wait, it's just extra credit stuff."

"You're so smart," Rose smiled then cleared her throat, "Um...Rora, Jackson just called."

Aurora gasped, "Are they okay? How's their touring going? Where are they now? Are they getting my letters? What did he say?"

Rose chuckled, "Slow down," Zeus' head popped up on the screen, so Rose started petting him. "He can't tell me where they are. They got promoted to another rank in military, they are in specialized stuff now."

"Awe that's great!" Aurora beamed. "I'm so proud of them. Well, pissed they didn't tell me but still super proud of them."

Rose chuckled, "You know them, they don't like to say, makes them feel like bragging."

"They should brag!" Aurora slapped the table, "it's awesome. They are so silly, I swear."

"Same," Rose smiled, "Rora..."

"Yeah Rosie?" she asked, tilting her head to the side slightly. "What's up?"

Rose bit her lip then smiled, "They come home tomorrow."

"WHAT?" Aurora screamed as she jumped to her feet. "Really, Rosie?"

Rose giggled and nodded, "Yeah, Jackson said they are coming home for two weeks."

"Two weeks? Oh my goddess!" Aurora began bouncing up and down.

"But they are on call," Rose pointed out, making Aurora plop back down in her chair. "They could be called back at a moment's notice. Think that's why they didn't tell you. Didn't want to get hopes up of being able to come see you. Especially since you have that performance next week."

Aurora smiled, "Oh I haven't had a chance to tell you yet..."

The Next Day

"Morning Momma," Salem yawned as he walked into the kitchen.

"Afternoon Baby," She smiled as she flipped the pancake. Turning around she gave him a tight hug.

"Morning Momma," Jackson and Josh smiled as she broke away to hug them.

"Damn, you feeding the entire city?" Josh asked chuckling when he saw the multiple plates of pancakes.

She shrugged, "Just trying to make sure you have enough. I know those bottomless pits of yours and besides I haven't got to feed you in way too long."

"It's much appreciated," Jackson kissed her cheek before grabbing a pancake and took a huge bite.

She chuckled, "no butter or syrup?"

"Next one," he smirked as he sat at the table.

"You have outdone yourself Momma," Salem smiled as he sat down next to Jackson.

"Well," she smiled as she leaned against the counter with her hot chocolate, "now that you have caught up on your sleep, what are your—"

"Here are those donuts you asked for, Rosie."