Ophelia texted her a quick, 'steph i'm a woman', before rushing to where she was paged, coincidentally running into the said woman on the way.

"I accidentally sent your sister a very dirty message." She said, panic lacing her voice.

"And me." Ophelia said, pulling out her phone to show Stephanie the text messages. Stephanie gasped, throwing her hands up to cover her mouth.

"I am so sorry-" Stephanie began, but Ophelia burst out laughing, placing her hand on Stephanie's arm to keep her upright.

"It's okay, just don't show Amelia our text for a while because she will kill you." She suddenly turned dead serious. She glanced over her friend's shoulder to see her sister looking at something at the nurses' station, "You might want to go over there and apologise before it's too late."

Stephanie was quick to run over to Meredith, and the two walked away. Ophelia ran down to the pit, where April had paged her to. She saw her redheaded co-worker trying to console two mothers at the nurses' station.

"Hey, what's going on?" Ophelia asked as she ran up.

"One of their sons has been shot and apparently brought here, but I don't have any GSWs, do you?" April asked, handing her a tablet from and ER nurse.

"No, I just got here." Ophelia said, beginning a deep-dive onto the hospital patient files.

"The last names are Green and Cole. Can you just look it up?" The redheaded mother begged.

"I'm here." Alex called from behind the mothers,pulling on a pair of gloves.

"I'm sorry, I don't see any record here for either of those names." April said, and Ophelia nodded in agreement, as she hadn't gotten anything either.

"I got paged. Gunshot kid." Alex butted in from behind.

"Wait, 'gunshot kid', That- Is that our kid?" The brunette mother asked, turning around.

"Karev, let's move." Owen's gruff voice said, "We have an incoming GSW. Victim's eight years old."

"Oh, my God!" The brunette mother sai, her hand coming up to her mouth.

"Our sons are both eight years old, which one is it?" The redhead mother asked, "Which one of our sons has been shot?"

"Ma'am, unfortunately they won't know until he gets here." Ophelia said gently, placing a hand on her arm.

"We'll know more soon, but right now-" Owen began.

"Right now, we just need you to have a seat, and we'll get back to you when we know something." Alex finished for him. He handed Ophelia a trauma gown, which the Latina pulled on and followed him outside.

It turns out that nearly half the attendings wanted to help in this surgery, so Alex told them to leave, all except Hunt, Ophelia, Cardio and Neuro, but no one moved. The ambulance came rolling into view, the lights flashing and a police car following behind.

All of a sudden, the two mothers came rushing out, trying to push past the crowd of attendings, but Alex and Owen stopped them.

"No! We have to see who it is!" The redhead cried.

"Eight-year-old male. GSW to the abdomen. Stable after 500cc bolus NS." The paramedic said as the surgeons rushed over. Ophelia used her torch to flash in his eyes, seeing that they were responsive.

"Who is it? I can't see him!" The redhead mother cried.

"We're- we're going to take care of him. It's alright. We're going to take care of him okay?" April assured her softly.

Someone pulled back to black sheet that covered his body, and a bloody was visible, and all of a sudden, the redhead mother began screaming.

"No! No, it's Brandon! It's Brandon!" She cried.

Ophelia could see the look of relief on the other mother's face, but she could sense that guilt that she felt for feeling that way. The police car door opened, and another little boy stepped out, and the brunette mother pulled him into a tight hug.

"Breath sounds clear and equal bilaterally." Ophelia said as she pressed her stethoscope to different parts of Brandon's chest.

"Does anyone know what happened?" April asked softly.

"Was it a drive-by?" Riggs theorized.

"Where the hell was the babysitter?" Arizona said angrily. Bailey shushed them all as Ophelia began listening with her stethoscope again.

"A GSW to the right upper quadrant. The belly is soft. Okay. I'm gonna need a-" She said, swinging her stethoscope around her neck.

"An ultrasound." Richard said, and Ophelia nodded, "You know- you know, let me get in there. I'll- I'll- I'll do it."

"He's a little tachycardic but his pulse is strong." Jo said, talking to Ophelia. It seemed as though she was going to be in charge of this case.

"Shepherd, any reflexes?" Bailey asked Amelia, who was down by Brandon's legs, searching for something.

"Spinal shock. The bullet must've penetrated his spinal cord." Amelia said gravely, glancing a her girlfriend, who sighed and shook her head.

"Alright, let's get him to CT, everyone clear the room." Alex ordered, and everyone, apart from the people working on Brandon left the room.

--------

1230 words 

GUYS ITS XMAS N TWO DAYS AHHHHHHHH