Chapter 83- Blurred Vision

Start from the beginning

Abhimanyu's phone rang and the screen flashed Nyonika's name. "Hello aunty" he talked to her. "Abhimanyu, are you and Manik still at Alya's party?" she asked him. He was absent minded when he answered the call. "No aunty, main hospital mein hu" he said. "Manik kaha hai Phir? Uska phone off hai" she enquired. "Aunty he is with me in the hospital, ek important surgery hai aaj" he said to her. "Will you ask Manik to talk to me now?" she asked. "No aunty, it's a long hour surgery, I will ask him to call you once he is back from OT" he lied to her. He went near Manik. "Aunty tere liye call kiya hai Manik" he said.

"Humare paas zyada waqt nahi hai, let's arrange for surgery" he said. Mukti got everything ready for surgery. Manik went to see Nandini. "Nandini, please mujhe maaf karo, I had to do this surgery there's no other option left. I know you said this is a killer idea but" Manik felt something in his throat that didn't let him speak.

                                       ************************************
"Ye sab mere wajhe se ho raha hai, agar main nahi hoti Manik Nandini kabhi alag hote hi nahi, waise tho wo log party se bahar jaate hi nahi" Alya said. "Don't blame yourself Alya, ye accident ki wajhe tum nahi ho" Aryaman said. "Har ek din hum Nandini ke saath rehte hai but we never really tried to know what's going on in her life" Navya said.

"Yes, we should have made trust us, don't know how much she had struggled and came to a decision to not let us know about them" Cabir said. "I can't see Nandini like this, she was so lively" Navya broke into tears as she could not control. "Main tho Nandini ko apna behen maantha tha" Cabir said as he consoled Navya. "I always shared everything with Nandini but never thought that she was afraid to share something with me. We should have helped her" Aryaman said emotionally. They all were worried about Nandini and couldn't afford to lose her.

"Aryaman, you're going to operate Nandini, please be careful" Navya said. "I will and I should do this to save her" Aryaman said and asked Cabir to come with him. "Kaha jaa rahe hai?" Cabir asked. "Manik ke paas" Aryaman said and takes him to Manik. They see Manik still lying in front of the ICU ward. "Kisi bhi halat main Nandini ko save karni hai sir, please get ready for surgery" he said. "Main sirf guide karunga operation tum aur Mukti hi handle karenge" he said. "But sir" Aryaman interrupted. "No discussion Aryaman, I can't do this. I tremble when I hold her" Manik admitted that he cannot perform surgery on her.

Mukti, Aryaman and Manik attended the surgery. Manik had worn mask, gloves and the OT apron. He guided them and Mukti was successful for a while. "Now administer coagulants to make the blood clot" Manik said. Mukti did as he said but Nandini's body didn't respond. She gave a heavy dose to Nandini. "Dr. Mukti, try to control her blood flow" Manik adviced her. Aryaman could not help with her blood flow and left it to Manik and Mukti.

Mukti did not know what to do then. She tried to control the blood flow and went on increasing the dose. They have finally succeeded in the surgery after 3 hours. It was already 1 am in the night and everyone waited for them to come out. Mukti and Abhimanyu came out. "We have succeeded in clotting the blood but we had to use heavy doses of coagulants, let's wait until she gets into consciousness" Mukti said. "When will she wake up ma'am?" Alya asked.

"We too don't know exactly Alya, we are done with our duty. Success and failure of the surgery tabhi pata chalega when Nandini wakes up. The danger is not over yet" Mukti said to them. "Now she can hear us, she has pulse. All we got to do is just wait for her" she said. Manik sat behind Nandini. "Nandini you said you have a surprise for me when I come back from Delhi, what was that? If I knew that was our last call I wished that should never end. I would have never left you to go to Delhi" Manik said. He spent time talking to her.

Others saw Manik talking to her. "When will Nandini be fine?" Navya asked. "Don't know, we must just wait" Aryaman said. "Hum bhi ek baar, Nandini se baat karein?" Cabir stopped them. "Yes, we will have to" Navya agreed. Aryaman, Alya, Navya and Cabir went to Nandini's ward. "Sir" they called Manik. "Even we want to talk to Nandini" Navya said.