Chapter 31- Past Haunts

Start from the beginning

"Manik I love you" Alya said. "I love you too" he kissed her forehead. "You'll get aunty here na" Alya asked Manik as he packed his bags. "No she is fine there, if she is healthy, I won't get her here" Manik said. "Baby, I'm not asking to get aunty for hospital, I'm asking about shifting" she said. "Shifting? why will mom shift here?" Manik asked clueless. "C'mon Manik, aunty akeli India mein kya karegi, we can visit her often if she comes to New York" Alya said obviously. "Ek second Alya, when did we talk about mom shifting to New York, and when did I say that I will settle down here? Even if we shift here, why will my mom and I live separately, we will all stay together" he said. "Don't tell me that we're going to stay in India forever after marriage" Alya warned him.

"Alya, my dad is an army doctor. Mom will not leave India and I can't stay back here" he clearly said. "Manik, don't forget you are a doctor in one of the best hospitals in New York because of my di. Sonia di recommended you and that's when you got a job here, and I think you are not a fool to lose such an opportunity" Alya turned. "What did you say? Sonia recommended me! To hell with this job and to hell with your Sonia di" he said and left the room. "Manik, you can't do this" Alya screamed at him.

"Manik, utho" Nyonika woke up Manik and asked him to get freshened up. Manik looked at his watch and got up. "Aap bhi Alya se pyaar kiya na, don't you know what is love?" Nandini's words rang in his ears. He got ready for the hospital. "Manik?" Nyonika stopped him. He turned back as if asking what's the matter.
"Siddharth se baat hui?" she asked curiously. "No, I didn't call him" Manik said recklessly. "He said he will call you abhi tak tumhe contact nahi kiya!" she wondered and took her phone. "Mom please! Nandini has her own choices and why are you trying to get her married by force?"

Nyonika didn't expect this from Manik. "Hmm, sorry Manik, I made a mistake once" she admitted. "We made a mistake mom" he said. "I should have asked Alya just once before that day" she sighed. "I talked to Alya yesterday" she said. "Mom!" he is surprised. "Nothing personal nothing important just a casual talk, after all we have left each other without a closure" Manik tried not to complicate it further and left from there.

"Hello guys" Nandini came to the common room. "Hi" Aryaman wished her. "Navya kaha hai, kahi dikhayi nahi de rahi hai" Nandini asked. "Don't know, I think wo abhi tak aayi nahi" Aryaman said. "Ajeeb hai, Hangover hum ko hai aur late wo ho gayi" Cabir said giving black coffee to Aryaman. "Hang over!" Nandini said widening her eyes. "Ha, kal raat Aryaman aur main, we had afterparty at my place" Cabir said and hi-fied Aryaman. "Aw...this is too unfair" she huffed. "Alya kab rejoin karegi?" she asked Cabir. "May be in a day or two" he said. "So I'm I only one to tolerate you both!" she asked them. "Aww, poor Nandini has no choice" Aryaman teased her.

Raman reached home in the morning and is scared to see Mukti. He slowly entered in and Mukti packing her bags to leave. "Mukti, where are you going?" he asked but she didn't reply. "Please listen to me Mukti, I'm sorry" he pleaded her. Mukti shouts on him and Raman cries in front of her. Abhimanyu comes there and see Mukti going out with her bag. "Mukti, stop please, I can explain, don't leave" he also pleaded. "What will you explain? About his affairs, his illegitimate children, his murderous acts" she shouts and Abhimanyu slaps Mukti.

"Oh, Ishitha has manipulated you too, I thought we were friends but no" she said and left. They both followed her to gate. "Mukti, listen, Ishitha ji ne kuch nahi kiya, and one more thing, she has leukemia" Abhimanyu said and Mukti stopped. She turned to Raman and Abhimanyu, "So finally god is going to punish her for her deeds" she said. "Mukti, please we need your blood samples to treat her" Abhimanyu stopped her again. She left her bag and stood there. "Why do you need me for her?" she asked.

"Mukti Ishitha ji tumhari mom hai, she is your biological mother" Abhimanyu revealed it to her. Raman tried to stop him, "Sir, let me tell it to her, she has the right to know" Abhimanyu stopped Raman. "Please Mukti, Ishitha ko ab tum hi bacha sakti ho" he pleaded her. "Ab koi naya drama shuru kiya tum dono ne" she turned her face. "Mukti, we need your blood samples for bone marrow transplantation" Abhi said. "You know na bone marrow transplantation ke liye you should be blood relation hona chahiye, its only possible because you are her biological child and Ruhi ka sample match nahi hua, and tum first born ho you will match with her" Abhi explained her.

"I don't believe you" she denied. "We will do one thing, you give the samples agar match hue tho you will know if we are true or not" he said and Mukti thought about it. "Mukti please Ishitha ko bachao" Raman sat on his knees and pleaded her. Mukti is confused as she heard Abhimanyu and Raman saying that she is Ishitha's daughter. They left for hospital and all along the way Mukti remembered her mom and cried. "Why would my mom die if Ishitha is my mother" she asked them. "You will get all your answers once it is proved for you" Abhi said in a haste and many questions bombarded her but she remained silent.

They reached the hospital and Mukti gave her blood samples. The samples were sent to lab. "Abhimanyu we need to talk" Mukti demanded an explanation of what he said. "Yes Mukti, I know what you will ask and trust me you will have all your answers" he said and was in hurry.

"Guys Navya" Aryaman showed her to Navya and Cabir. Mukti came there to talk to her. "Navya, why are you still here? Cabir is going to handle this case and you aren't supposed to work here" she said. "But ma'am, please he is my dad and I have to be with him" she pleaded her. "That's the reason why I'm asking you to go. You cannot treat him the way you do to others, family members ko tum treat nahi kar sakti ho" she said. "Then why did I study to be a doctor ma'am?" Navya asked crying.

"Navya you will have a roller coaster ride of emotions when you are treating your family and doctors should work with brain not their heart" she said. Nandini, Cabir and Aryaman came there. "Cabir, I was about to say, Navya's dad met with an accident, you are the duty doctor for this case" Mukti informed him. "And please take care of her" Nandini nodded as Mukti told her. Mukti left from there hoping to find her reports soon. "Navya, why didn't you tell us about uncle? Ye kab, kaise hua" Nandini asked.

"Ha, I dropped her home last night, I saw uncle there. He was fine till then, when did it happen then?" Cabir asked. Navya cried but did not answer. "Mujhe jaana hai" she said and is about to leave. "Kaha jaa rahi ho? Suna nahi I'm the duty doctor" Cabir goes to see her dad along with Nandini and Aryaman. Navya followed them. They went in and came out soon.

"Navya tumhara dad kaha hai?" Nandini asked. A lady came there, "You just went inside the room, didn't you find him there?" she asked. "ha there is someone, but wo Navya ka papa nahi hai" Nandini said.

"He is Navya's dad" she said in a stern voice. "Aap kaun hai?" Cabir asked. "Navya ki maa" she said.