Their embrace lingered, the silence now a wrap of shared emotions and unspoken apologies. As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting hues of orange and pink across the room, Raghav and Pallavi found a appearance of peace, a small step on their journey toward healing.

SIX MONTHS LATER....

The soft light from the bedside lamp cast a warm glow in the room, creating an intimate atmosphere around Pallavi. She sat on the edge of the bed, a book in hand, a faint smile gracing her lips as she flipped through its pages.

Raghav leaned against the doorframe, watching her with a softness in his gaze. "What's capturing your attention in there?" he inquired, his voice carrying genuine curiosity.

After enduring so much, Pallavi finally found comfort in reading books. This brought her a sense of calm, reducing her anxiety and building up her strength.

Pallavi glanced up, a playful shine in her eyes. "Just lost in a story," she replied, turning a page, not wanting to break the trance the book had created around her.

Taking his steps upto her, he sat down beside her, trying to capture her attention, and she shivered involuntarily due to their closeness.

"Must be quite the story to keep you so engrossed" he remarked, his eyes tracing the lines of her face.

Pallavi nodded, a small chuckle escaping her lips. "It's interesting."

A comfortable silence enveloped them, a shared calmness filling the room. Raghav's hand found hers naturally, their fingers intertwining in a gentle, unspoken connection.

"Pallavi" he calls for her attention, "just a minute" she says before finishing reading the last line remaining on the page.

After that she closes the book, sets it aside, then turns towards him, giving him her full attention.

"Spe-" Her voice get muffled as Raghav captures her lips in a slow kiss, obtaining a wave of various emotions in her stomach. Closing the distance, she wraps her hands around his neck as he lifts her, settling her onto his lap.

Slowly, Raghav pulls back, gently stroking her cheeks, while Pallavi gazes deeply into his eyes with a sweet smile, and he join their foreheads together.

"I need to take you somewhere. Are you ready?"

Confused, she pulls back and looks at him with confusion at the sudden revelation. "To where?"
____

"What is this place, Raghav?" Pallavi asks as she steps out of the car, with Raghav holding the car door open for her.

Closing the door, he walks beside her and takes her hand in his before leading her through the garden area. The path they follow leads to the entrance of the place he brought her to.

Somehow, she feels excited at the sudden positivity of the place, her heart beating faster with anticipation.

Lost in the sensations and not paying attention to her surroundings, she suddenly bumps into Raghav's back as he stops midway along the path.

Standing beside him, she tries to see what made him stop, but when she does, her heart feels heavy. She squeezes Raghav's hand tightly as she watches children running out of the orphanage house to play in the garden.

The beautiful smiles of the children around her bring tears to her eyes, overwhelming her with emotions she had tried so hard to suppress. Despite the weight of her own feelings, their laughter warms her heart. She loves the way they laugh and giggle, enveloping her in their joy. She manages a bittersweet smile, then turns around to look at Raghav.

Raghav cups her cheeks, gently wiping her tears away, and she immediately hugs him, breaking down in tears as Raghav warmly embraces her, patting her back with reassurance.

"I'm sorry I brought you here without giving any clue..."

"No.." she pulls out as she interferes him, putting her index finger on his lips.

"I loved this surprise. I am really grateful, Raghav."

After that, they start walking into the house, and as they climb the stairs, they stop upon hearing some cute voices.

"You saw those two people, I guess they came to adopt one of us," says the cute baby boy with his baby voice.

"Yes, I saw, and they will take me with them," says the other girl, who looks just like the boy who started the conversation, they look like twins.

"No they will take me." the boy protests.

Raghav and Pallavi chuckle at their conversation.

"And how about we adopt both of you?" Pallavi walks up to them, her voice gentle and soothing as she speaks.

"Huh?" The twins synchronize their reaction in surprise, and Pallavi chuckles again upon seeing that. She crouches down to their level, gently stroking their cheeks as they smile so adorably.

Beside her, Raghav stands with a heartwarming smile.

"Will you?" They synchronize again, then look at each other with narrowed and protesting eyes, too cute.

"Of course, we will take you both as our children," she says with a cheering voice, making the twins eyes glisten at the unexpected love.

"But yeah, only if you don't cry right now." Raghav crouches down, saying this to prevent them from tearing up because if they did, Pallavi would join them too.

"What's your name?" Pallavi asks as she sits down between them, patting their heads gently. Meanwhile, Raghav heads into the office to talk about the adoption process.

"My name is Viha."

"And my name is Vihan."

"So beautiful names," she says, giving them a heartfelt smile.
____

In the innocence and warmth of Viha and Vihan, Raghav and Pallavi discovered a extreme sense of healing. The laughter, the carefree moments, and the simple joys shared with the twins felt like a  restoration to life of their lost childhoods. Through the twins' eyes, they found echoes of their own forgotten innocence, a chance to relive those fleeting moments they thought were lost forever. As Viha and Vihan became their source of strength, Raghav and Pallavi found themselves growing alongside the twins, their hearts gradually mending, and their souls discovering a newfound light in each other's presence.

The end.

______________________________________

I badly want you to react on this short story, please give your honest reviews pretties.

Hope you all understand my request.