Chapter 10 - A Wonderful End

Dazai spun me around then pulled me in, leaning me back. Thankfully his hand was supporting me otherwise I'd fall in these heals. Suddenly he kissed me, completely off from script. The audience erupted as they clapped. Some even cried. Then there was Chuuya, already making his way out the door. The stage light turned off and we were quickly dragged off stage.

"That wasn't apart of the script! Who initiated!?" Cornus said as they shook me by the shoulders.

"I wasn't aware we would do it so don't look at me!" I pointed at Dazai who was currently getting an earful from Poe.

     It was short lived as Rampo and Aiden head on stage. "It seems the culprits died and were last seen here, dancing until their final breath.

     "It's so romantic I feel terrible..."

      Come to think of it, that was the first time me and Dazai kissed! My fingers trailed down my lips to my chest, my heart racing at the thought. I really kissed Dazai...not so fictional now mother!

     "Looks like we're popular, Y/N~!" Dazai appeared from behind me, showing me his phone screen.

     "STOP DOING THAT!!" I shout before looking at the screen.

     It was the entire dance and kiss me and Dazai did. I should've known people would've been quick to post it on social media but not that quick! For fuck sake the play wasn't even finished!

     "Well isn't that lovely." I said sarcastically.

     Suddenly it felt like I was forgetting something. "Wait a minute...Chuuya!!"

     I run through the back and outside to the courtyard. Chuuya was already making his way up the stairs. I run after him and hear Dazai behind me.

     "Chuuya wait!" I skip steps, almost slipping a few times.

     By the time I make it up I'm out of breath. I rest my hands on my knees, breathing in the warm summer air. Luckily for me, Chuuya had stopped running. He had his back turned to me and I could tell he was crying.

     "That wasn't part wasnt in the script. How do I know that? Because I was there! Watching you rehearse everyday! Even though you weren't good you gave it your all and I admire you for that! So why," he choked on his words, "Why couldn't I get you to choose me..?"

     Aside from the offensive comments he was right. "I...I can't-"

     "So this is how it is, Chuuya? You were going to take her from me knowing how much I'm in love with her!?" Dazai yelled as
he made his way up the stairs.

     I'd never seen him like this and it almost scared me. He never lost his cool or got mad aside from the time they fought.

     "Dazai you know me better than anyone. I would never do that. You were apart of the-"

     "You know I don't associate with you anymore for a reason..." he lowered his head,

     Thunder could be heard in the distance as it started to rain. A soft wind blew, making the scene more dramatic.

     "You can't hide from your past, Dazai, Ex leader of the Port Delinquents."

     I shouldn't have been as shocked at those words as I was in the moment, turning to look at Dazai. To think he would be the leader before Chuuya.

     "Ha...well now you know, Y/N. I was a terrible person in my past but I guess nothing I've done will make up for it..." he walks past us and onto the wet railing.

     "You idiot you'll-!"

     "Y/N, I'm sorry."

     "Dazai!"  It felt as if things were in slow motion, this felt familiar...

I jumped of the railing, catching Dazai as we both fall. At a hight like this I might just actually die...it seems like he's trying to say something to me...at least I can say I have no regrets...goodbye, Dazai, Chuuya...

.

.

.

The sound of hospital monitors pained my ears as I slowly opened my eyes. My friends sat next to me on a few chairs. Aiden was crying while Bee and Gabbie comforted her. I looked around the room to see Cornus talking to Chuuya and Atsushi near the door. Im quick to look next to me to see Dazai. He was wearing a hospital gown and had head bandages. He was asleep, his head resting on my lap.

"Jeez my head is killing me..." I sit up, running the back of my head only to feel bandages on mine as well.

"She's awake! Someone get the doctor!" Chuuya shouted before running to my side.

Dazai wakes up, slightly startled by the yelling. He looked exhausted from what could have been staying up for days.

"You're okay..." his voice was soft as his hand rest on my cheek.

"I'm glad you're finally awake...don't ever do that again!" Chuuya hugged me tightly.

"Hey don't hurt her now!" Dazai stood up quickly.

"How long was I out?" By the looks I was getting I knew it was bad.

"For a week. This one didn't go to sleep till last night waiting for you." Chuuya points at Dazai.

"Heyyyy! I was worried for you!" He whined.

"Dazaaaaaai!" He growled.

"Chuuyaaaa!" He whined

I laugh at them, it was just like how they interacted in the anime. They looked at me confused.

"It good to see you two not in a heated argument for once..." I smile, holding both of their hands.

"Can we be like this? Together instead of forcing me to choose? I don't think I could bring myself to..." The two look at each other then at me.

"I guess..." Chuuya crossed his arms.

"I supposed." Dazai shrugged and put his hands in his pockets.

"I love you...both of you...."