Chapter 8 - The Fight

I was shocked to see Chuuya walking up to me. He seemed relaxed for the first time since normally he's cranky (which most of the time it's my fault).

     "I could say the same. What are you doing here?"

     "Just taking a walk. The members of the Port Mafia were getting in my face for not showing up so...I ran away." That wasn't something I expected him to do.

     Thinking about it, it would make sense considering he ran away the first time with me to avoid us being seen together. And knowing the kind of people they are (which's sounds creepier thinking about it now) they would tease him if they found out we were talking.

     "And you think being with me will help you escape? What if they find us here?" I smirk as I lean in closer to him.

     He covers his hand with his mouth, leaning away in the other direction. "I didn't intend on finding you here! I was just planning to leave!"

    I can't help but laugh as his face turns red, it's funny and cute. "But you sure seem to be staying a while. Is it because you missed me?"

     "I would never miss someone as annoying and disrespectful as you!"

     I step away from him, leaning on the railing and look down to the courtyard. Atsushi and Akutagawa stumble under a tree. Akutagawa as usual is yelling at Atsushi. Chuuya joins me as he leans backwards on the railing, holding his hat down.

     "Why can't you take a hint!?" Akutagawa shouts before grabbing Atsushi by the collar and pulling him in for a kiss.

     My eyes widen as I jump up and down excitedly. "FINALLY!!"

     Chuuya looks at me confused. I don't think he even witnessed such a beautiful moment. If anything he wouldn't care. A soft smile forms on his face as he watches me.

    "They're so meant for each other." I try to calm down before looking up at Chuuya.

     He bit his lip, almost as if he were questioning himself. Now I was the one who looked confused. Before I could process, he was leaning in closer. His face is as his hand reaches down and grabs my waist, his other on my cheek as he kisses me. I think to pull away but realize if anything this is something I'd want.

     Chuuya pulls away, looking me in the eyes as of he has regret. "I-I shouldn't have- I know that-"

      Dazai runs toward Chuuya, pushing him off me and onto the floor. His face is red in anger as he lets out a low growl while he stands in front of me.

     "You knew me and Y/N were-" before he could finish,  Chuuya runs and punches him in the face.

     My eyes widen as I realize what's happening. It the fight episode!? But so soon!!?!?!?

     I reach my hand out to pull Dazai away but realize I might get caught in the cross fire. "Ahah...no."

     On one hand I can jump in and stop them and the other I can let it happen. Being a good protagonist, I walk away.

...

     Just kidding! I run up to Chuuya, reaching for his coat to pull him away. He quickly turns around and back hand slaps me. I fall to the floor, holding my cheek as Dazai slides towards me on his knees.

     "Y/N!" He's quick to hug me, glaring at a Chuuya as he tries to get close.

      I watch as he walks away, not bothering to look back at me. The pain in my cheek fades away. Dazai made sure I was okay before taking me back inside.

——

     After that day, Chuuya stopped showing up to class. I knew he was avoiding me but I never got the chance to see him. I was to busy with the play to go looking for him and speaking of which, our first few rehearsals went great, at least I thought so. It didn't take me long to adjust to spending my time on the play. Poe was also very fitting for the role of director. He was very sassy and demanding but cared for the stage crew and tech crew. On my way to the auditorium, I saw an awfully familiar red head on the first floor.

     I run up to the railing, getting a closer look. "Chuuya!?"

     He turns around frantically, noticing me above him. He makes a dash for it, running into the building. He's heading to the D building!

     Im quick to go after him, planning to catch him at the stairs. I push through the heavy doors and make a sharp turn to the left. I slam into the wall, a sharp pain shooting through my leg. Im determined to catch so I keep running. Chuuya notices me on the flat part of the stairs and tries to turn the other way. Im quick to run down the stairs but my leg gives out.

     A pare of hands catch me, holding me close as I look up. "Chuuya you-"

     I expected him to drop me but surprisingly he didn't, burying his face into my neck. "Why would you chase me..?"

     "Because I love you." It sounded less cringe in my head okay?

     He seemed shocked by my response but doesn't say anything. Chuuya places on the stairs, standing far away from me as he runs his fingers through his hair.

     "You didn't mean to hurt me that day and it's okay. What isn't okay is when you avoided me for a FUCKING WEEK!"

     "I didn't think you'd want to see me after that..." he looked genuinely disappointed in himself as he lowered his hat.

     "You were running away from the problem! I didn't need an apology but that sure as hell didn't make it better!"

     Chuuya let out a sigh before turning to me, looking me in the eyes. "Y/N, I'm sorry."