"What's going on?" Weasley asked, having now also migrated from Gryffindor over to Harry and Draco.

"Oh, Ron, look at this!" Granger fretted, thrusting the pages into Weasley's hands. Weasley grimaced.

"Shit. That's bad, mate."

Harry and Draco were growing increasingly more confused by the second, "What is it?!"

Weasley shoved the newspaper back in front of Draco, and to his horror, and enormous photograph of himself and Harry almost nose to nose was emblazoned across the front, titled with the headline 'The Boy Who Loved?'.

Draco spread out the paper fully, taking in the tens of images of he and Harry in rather compromising positions plastered up the margins. None of the moments in the photos had actually been quite so romantically charged, but whoever had taken them had obviously intentionally waited until they'd gotten themselves into situations where they looked less platonic than expected. The several photos lead to a combination which made them look as if they were some sort of overly-touchy couple, rather than just friends with snaps shot at the right time.

"Merlin fucking fuck." Draco said ineloquently.

"Holy.." Harry trailed off.

Hermione snatched the print from the table, beginning to read the first article out loud.

"Our fan-favourite, Harry Potter, seems to have found some rather expensive taste in the form of none other than saucy schoolmate Draco Malfoy. It's common knowledge that Potter has a flare for the dramatic, with his tragic backstory and rebellious intention, however we're certain none of our rabid readers could have predicted this turn of events! Draco Malfoy, sole heir to the line of Malfoy and descendant of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Black, has been seen seducing our ditsy dignitary. An unlikely pair, as the houses of Potter and Black have had a notorious enmity, blah blah blah..."

"Oh my god.." Harry said, bewildered.

"Shit. Oh, shit! Everyone is gonna see this!" Draco professed.

"Yep." Ron affirmed, pursing his lips, "Least they didn't call you a poofter or anything, mate." He said, patting Harry on the back in what was a poor attempt at consolation.

"Yes, it's actually surprisingly un-derogatory for the usual tripe they spill. Although, I would be careful. People will certainly be angry, they might send you some nasty things by post, or perhaps even some people here will try things." Hermione said gravely, "Hopefully most people will know the two of you well enough to know it's obviously fabricated, but some people are really thick about this stuff. I'd watch out."

Harry still appeared to be processing the whole situation, reading frantically through the lines of text. Draco, however, was grateful for Granger's advice. He suddenly felt bad, remembering how in the 'Good Old Days,' it had been her who'd been in this situation, and he'd been nothing but horrible to her. Yes, things were slightly different this time, due to his and Harry's friendship, but he felt as if even if that weren't a factor, she'd still be sympathetic towards him, if not kind.

All at once, a wave of remorse for the terrible way he'd treated her hit him like a tidal wave. He almost felt a little sick with it, and stood up from the table abruptly.

"Granger?" He asked. Granger blinked, surprised.

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He glanced between Weasley, who was surveying him carefully, and Harry, who was entirely engrossed in the Prophet article. "Alone, preferably."

Granger's brow furrowed, "Yes, I suppose so. Come on."

She took him by the arm, leading him over to the entrance hall.