How to Flirt With Draco Malfoy

Beginne am Anfang

"Nope, not today! I've got something else for you." He told her, patting her little feathery head with two fingers.

He reached into his pocket, pulling out his little sack of owl treats and pouring some into his outstretched palm. Hedwig gave an excited 'Who!' of delight and reached down to pluck them from his hand.

"Yeah, there you go. Sorry for all the flying I've been making you do." He said to her, stroking her feathers down idly. There was several things he was glad about in this new, strange timeline, but Hedwig being alive and well was one of his favourites. Harry smiled as she tucked in to the last treat, staring out the Owlery window at the grounds.

Suddenly he noticed a little blob of long red hair amidst the sea of green grass.

Ginny.

If there was one person who would be unbiased in this, and who would be mature and nonjudgmental, it was Ginny. It was this year that she'd be getting over her crush on him anyways, she'd definitely be able to help.

Giving Hedwig a quick peck on the forehead, he grabbed his bag and ran down the stairs to the grounds, praying the whole way that Ginny hadn't gotten up and left.

Arriving at the grounds, he saw her still sat on the grass with several books next to her.

"Ginny!" He called, waving as he ran over.

She turned to look at him, "Harry?" She called back.

As he neared, he realised another figure was approaching.

"What's up?" She asked him, oblivious to his attention on the new arrival.

"I just wanted to talk to you about something, but if now's not a good time then, er-" He stared awkwardly as none other than Pansy Parkinson sat down beside her.

"No, no it's fine. You can tell both of us, Pansy isn't going to say anything. Right, Pans?" Ginny assured him, patting the space on the checkered picnic blanket next to them.

"Of course not, darling. What's bothering you, then?" Pansy said politely, shooting him an easy smile.

Harry sat, glancing back and forth between the unlikely pair, "Sorry- but.. when did.. this," He gestures between them, "happen?"

Pansy and Ginny shared a look before bursting into laughter.

"Well it was sort of an accident. I needed help with potions and Snape said Pansy was good so I should take up my questions with her..." Ginny said, looking at Pansy, "I think he was being mean, because he didn't want to have to help me instead and he didn't expect me to actually ask her. But I did, and it turns out she is really good at potions, and also pretty fun. Who would've guessed, right?"

"Thanks babe," Pansy smirked, nudging Ginny playfully. Ginny pushed her back, and Harry just stared on in confusion. Eventually the two sorted themselves out, and Ginny sat up straight, asking, "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Er.. well. I don't know if I should say it in front of.. erm..." He trailed off awkwardly, and Pansy frowned.
"Not because I don't like you or anything!" He amended quickly, "It's just a bit of a- um. Well it sort of concerns Draco and you're friends with him, so-"

Pansy brightened, "No! You should definitely tell me, then! I can probably help if it's about Draco. I know him better than almost anyone. Except for you, maybe. You're always owling him. Or his mum. What's the problem?"

She and Ginny looked at him expectantly, so Harry mustered up the courage to simply say, "I think I'm in love with him."

"You what?!" Ginny asked incredulously. Pansy only gaped.