Horcrux Hunting is Better With You

Start from the beginning

Harry smirked, "Glad you asked! Draco and I are gonna take a trip down memory lane," He turned to Draco, "Ever wanted to visit the Chamber of Secrets?"

Snape glared, "Potter! You can't just enter the Chamber of Secrets!"

Harry shrugged, "Why not? I've been there before, and it's how Ron and Hermione destroyed the Cup in the Battle of Hogwarts. I don't think it'll be an issue, really."

Draco looked nervous, "Are you sure it's a good idea though? How do you know it won't be different to how you expected, and you'll be unprepared? I thought you said it was Weasley and Granger who went back in seventh year, rather than you?"

Harry shook his head, "I don't know. But it's what we have to do. Unless either of you can think of a better idea?" He asked rhetorically, raising a brow. "Didn't think so. Anyways, we'd better get on with it now, come on Draco."

Draco's gaze flicked between Harry and Snape, "Wh- now? Like, right now? Harry are you insane?"

Harry was getting irritated by the consistent disbelief at his planning skills, "Yes, now! Why should we wait? Dumbledore is distracted by the Minister now, and everyone else is either asleep or in their dormitories. It's the perfect opportunity, as well as the fact that leaving it longer means less time for us to figure out how to deal with everything else- in particular the Second Task."

Both Snape and Draco looked uncertain, however neither objected again.

"Great! Let's go." Harry took Draco by the wrist, pulling him out the door and into the Hall beyond.

"Oh wait." He said. Draco tilted his head in question.

Harry turned back around and poked his head through the door, "By the way, can I borrow Gillyweed for the Second Task?"

Snape rolled his eyes, nodding "Out, Potter."

"Thanks!"

Harry shut the door behind him.

Draco was staring at Harry with something akin to wonder in his grey eyes.

"What?"

"You're actually insane."

"What?! Why?"

They began to walk down the corridor towards the staircase that would take them to Myrtle's Bathroom.

Draco scoffed, laughing lightly, "I thought when you saw your arm, that you would cry or pass out or something- that you'd have a normal reaction."

Harry looked at him confusedly.

"But you didn't, you just sort of... zoned out, for like a couple of minutes. Then you came back and suddenly you have a whole plan and these crazy ideas and just-"

Draco paused, thinking it over.

"Is that- is that a bad thing?"

Draco's eyes widened, "No! No, of course not." He smiled to himself, "I don't know it's just.. it's so you. Like, only you would see that the thing which allowed the literal Dark Lord to return was gone and would think about it strategically."

Harry laughed, feeling some of the tension leave him, "It's the Hermione in me."

Draco smirked, "It's the Slytherin in you."

Harry smirked back, when he remembered, "You know I was almost in Slytherin?"

Draco stared at him in shock.

"You were?"

"Yeah," Harry nodded, "The hat couldn't decide, it said I'd 'do well in Slytherin'. It only picked Gryffindor instead because I asked it to."